8- B-Ball

A/N: This story is already at 100 reads! Thanks so much!
--------

"Okay. How many of you guys have played horse before?" All of the campers in our group raised their hands and I smiled. "Great! Then let's just get started." I picked up the ball and dribbled it to the center of the court. The kids all ran after me and we got into a line. I dribbled in place a few times before tossing the ball into the basket. I grabbed the ball and spun it on my finger before tossing it to Lucas.

I jogged to get into the back of the line and looked for Josh. I didn't see him on the court and frowned. I turned my head to see him sitting on a bench, watching us play.

"Come on, Josh!" I called. He smiled and looked away.

"I'm not good at sports."

"Oh, please. It's just for fun. It's not like it's an actual basketball game." He shook his head at me before standing up and joining us. I smiled and turned back to the kids.

"Ha, ha!" Jordan laughed, pointing at Kyle. "You have an H!"

"Hey, come on guys," I said, placing a hand on Jordan's shoulder. "This is just a game. No teasing." Jordan rolled his eyes and grabbed the ball. I sighed and turned back to Josh. He had a smile on his lips. "What?"

"You're good with kids. It's cute," he said. I felt a blush spread to my cheeks and looked away, smiling.

"Thanks. He didn't even listen to me, though." The ball was back to me and I handed it to Josh. He gave me a worried look and I laughed. "All you have to do is throw the ball like Matt did. His throw was pretty simple."

"That's easy for you to say! You live basketball," he said, shoving me playfully. He turned to the basket and held the ball in his hands, tightly. As he focused on the hoop, his tongue poked through his teeth, adorably.

"Adjust your hips and relax," I said, looking at his stiff position.

"What do you mean?" He bent his knees slightly but it wasn't much better. I sighed and took a few steps, getting close behind him.

"Can I?" I asked, holding out my hands. He nodded his head. I hesitated for a moment before placing my hands on his hips. I felt him tense slightly but brushed it away. I moved his hips so that they were aligned and lifted my hands away. I looked back up at Josh to see he had a blush on his pale cheeks. "You should be good now. Just keep your focus off of the ball and on the basket."

He dribbled for a while, just looking at the hoop. He sighed and tossed the ball. I watched as it soared through the air and slid through the net. The kids all went crazy and Josh turned to me in disbelief.

"I told you," I said, laughing. He jumped around excitedly like a child. He ran over and lifted me in his arms, spinning us around. I held onto him tightly and enveloped myself in his strong arms. I was giggling wildly at his reaction and he set me down. We stood just looking at each other until I heard the boys again.

"And now you're a ho!" Jordan shouted. I groaned and went over to them.

----

I grabbed my tray and walked over to the table that Josh was at. I sat across from him and he looked up at me. He smiled through a mouthful of food.

"Hi," I said. I picked at my food with my fork as the campers all sat down. I watched as the kids ate and talked. Their conversations were so animated and lively.

"Are you okay? You aren't eating," Josh asked. I looked up at him and shrugged.

"I'm not really hungry." He gave me a suspicious look but didn't question further. I spun my macaroni around with my fork until we were dismissed to our next activity.