Chapter 43

Joes POV
The anxiety of my next action was unbearable. But I was so excited, nervous, happy and worried all at the same time, I was becoming numb from it.
I needed to get it out to her. She was the love of my life.
I had rehearsed my proposal lines (idk what they're called) so I already knew what I was going to say to her.
I walk over to her side of the table and go down on one knee. 
I begin saying my lines to her, a shocked and confused expression on her face.
"Katherine. You have been my sunshine since I was thirteen. We- you have been through so much and I am so proud of you. You make me the happiest man alive and I am so thankful to call you my girlfriend. I fall in love with you more and more every single day, and I can't express my affection for you, it's endless and unexplainable. I am very anxious for your answer to come to me, as there are so many answers you could choose from. Just don't make a mistake of giving me the wrong answer if you don't mean it. I love you so much, you are the love of my life. Will you marry me, Katherine?"
There is a mixed emotion look on her face, and I am worried I have blown my chances of spending the rest of my life with the girl I love with all my heart.
All I can do is wait. For her response.
***
Katherine's POV
"-will you marry me, Katherine?" Joe says, uncovering a beautiful silver and rose gold ring. It is truly stunning.
Joe looks so anxious, and I don't know why. Also, his knee must be hurting from the wooden floorboards, so I decide to make my response short and sweet.
"Joseph. I love you so much. I would be so happy to become your wife." I say, and he stands up to his full height to kiss me.
I wrap my hands around his neck and shoulders, and he holds my hand and waist. I would not change anything about him in any way. He was perfect. He was my Joe.
We break our kiss, and I hold out my hand, shaking from emotions and shock. I feel a tear roll down my cheek as I laugh and he slides the ring on my fourth finger. 
The diamonds glisten and reflect the candle flames and moonlight outside. My life could not get any more perfect.

So that just happened. Gotta zayn! I can't. Too. Many. Feelssssss.