More Problems

A/N Hey guys!! Thanks for almost 14k reads it means a lot! Anyways I'm adding in some Cory and Topanga bc how can I not? Oh and it might not really seem like a rucas story so far but just wait.
-----------------

Riley's POV:

I haven't seen or heard from Farkle since Friday. Now it's Sunday morning and Maya and I are sitting in the bay window.
"Maybe you should-" Maya starts, but I already know what she going to say.
"No. I'm not going to check on him. You weren't there to sense the heartbreak that he was struck with when I told him Charlie kissed me. Farkle needs time. You know that when he feels something, he really, wholeheartedly feels it. Plus, I've already tried so many times."
"Well I was actually going to say you should ask Lucas or Zay if they know where he is-"
"Maya! How could you even say that? Ask Lucas?" I stand and walk over to my door.
"I'm never talking to him again." Maya looks at me with hurt, but understanding eyes.
"I'm sorry." She softly says. I take a deep breath and nod. I hold out my hand and she walks over and takes it. We walk into the kitchen where my mom is dressed for work because she has a lawyer case today. I look over to the couch where blankets are spread along the couch with a pillow. Maya looks at me and squeezes my hand for comfort.
Along with all of this Lucas/Farkle/Charlie drama, my parents have been fighting a lot lately. I don't know exactly why, but the screams in the middle night while they're fighting say a lot. My father keeps yelling 'You whore!' and my mother replies with 'Maybe I am or maybe you're too scared again!'. But that doesn't help. My dad stays at school late and goes in early to avoid arguments now. And my mom doesn't even look at him anymore. He doesn't have work today because he's a teacher, so who knows where my dad is.
I shake it off and put on a perky smile for my mom.
"Morning, mom!" I walk over to me and start to hug her, but she pushes me away.
"I'm sick honey, I don't want to throw up on you." She says, sounding exhausted. I look over at Maya, who's furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.
"Okay. What's for breakfast?" I ask, sitting next to Maya at the table.
"Can you make breakfast for yourselves today? I'm going back up to bed and the bathroom." I stand up and walk over to her.
"What about work?"
"I called in today. I'm taking a break for a while, they understand." Taking a break?
"Wait, you quit?! How are we going to pay for stuff, dad's salary isn't enough!" I find my self starting to raise my voice.
"Riley! Calm down, I'm just taking short a break, I didn't quit. I'm still getting paid." She starts walking toward the hallway.
"What? How-" I start walking towards her.
She puts out her hand to stop me.
"No more questions, okay? It's fine-" before she can finish she's covering her mouth and running to the bathroom.
"Maya?" I look over to her.
"Don't ask me." She shrugs her shoulders and grabs my hand.
"We'll eat at the bakery." She grabs my hand and we run downstairs to Topanga's.
My mom is acting very weird. Maybe because she's sick? Or fighting with my dad? I don't know. But it's better than not knowing where she is at all. That's the case with my father.
Actually it's not. Anymore.
I see the curly hair sitting on the front steps of the apartment.
"Mr. Matthews?" Maya asks. He turns around with a beer in his hand.
"Maya!" he pauses, "and Topanga? I didn't expect to see you here! Come here!" He stands up and spreads his arms out toward me.
"Dad..it's me Riley, your daughter." I push down his arms and look over to Maya, who's backing up.
"Daughter? It's a girl? I hope you're happy, slut." He hisses at me. He starts to walk down the street, and his legs are wobbling.
"Dad! It's not Topanga, it's me, Riley. You're real daughter." I shout as he turns around. I feel Maya inch up behind me.
"Riley, be careful he's really drunk. You don't know how dangerous people can be when they're that intoxicated. Trust me, I know." She whispers in my ear.
My dad starts walking back towards us. He reaches me and points his finger at my face.
"I don't know what you're talking about but just stay away from me, Topanga." I grab onto his finger and lower it down to his side. He looks up at me and his eyes go wide, like he's realizing who I am.
"I-I'm s-sorr-" before he can finish he completely collapses in tears on my shoulder. I look over to Maya who's eyes are wide and has her hand over her mouth in shock. My father is completely weeping. I never thought my parents' fight was this serious. My dad hasn't been drunk since high school when my mom and him broke up, I'm told. I hold his head with my right hand and wrap my left around him.
"It-it's okay." I whisper in his ear. Even though I know it's the absolute opposite.