t e n

CHAPTER TEN( LET GO )

CHAPTER TEN
( LET GO )

     "WHAT THE HELL, MAN?" GARRET growls, shoving Marco. "She's a shucking girl! And Grace isn't the reason we're here! W.I.C.K.E.D. did this to us."

I stay still on the ground, writhing in pain, with Newt, Chuck, and Nik by my side.

"Stop it!" Alby commands, pushing Garret out of the way. "Marco, you need to explain this right now."

"She wasn't supposed to come here." Marco says through clenched teeth. "None of us were. But she DID THIS!"

"It's true," Another Glader steps forward from the crowd. "I saw it, too."

"You saw it?" Gally asks. "What the hell did you see?"

"ENOUGH!" Alby roars. I flinch at his tone, trying to sit up in my place. "We're going to have a gathering."

"When?"

"Right now."

___♕___

I sit in a chair next to Thomas, watching as Alby stands from his chair.

"We need to discuss this matter. Marco broke a rule, and it can't go without being noticed." Alby starts. "But Grace and Thomas are also involved in this. As Marco and Stephen said, they saw them with the Creators. We need to start off with an explanation."

"It was a memory." Marco speaks from across the room. "I saw Grace and Thomas doing . . . something. I don't know what it was. It was like they were injecting something into our systems."

"So you admit that you didn't fully understand what was going on the time?" Minho asks, scowling in his direction. "That you don't know what you saw?"

"It was real." Marco replies, keeping his calm. "I know it was."

"Okay, I think we've heard enough." Alby holds a hand up. "Any suggestions for punishments?"

"Banishment." The word automatically shoots from Gally's mouth.

I gulp, even though it's not my punishment.

"Who agrees?" Very few hands are raised in the room.

"What about he works two jobs for the next three weeks?" Frypan asks. Almost immediately, all hands in the room are raised.

"That's not fair." Stephen hisses. "Grace and Thomas should be punished, too. I think they should be thrown into the Slammer. We can't trust them. You said it yourself- it's odd that they both came up the box in a matter of four days."

I clench the arm rests of my chair in anger.

I didn't do anything.

"Who agrees?"