Callbacks and the Green-eyed Monster

WARNING: POSSIBLE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA SPOILERS!! SORRY! ;-;

Early January....

"Were there any dance auditions?" I asked Arthur as we drove to the theatre where the callbacks were being held.

"Yes, there were three auditions being held throughout the week when we went for ours. We signed up for the singing auditions but there were dancing auditions as well as pure acting auditions. With the callbacks today, we'll be spending the whole day doing a lot of group work, choreography and then they will do the separate character scenes," He explained.

"Ah, okay," I said. "So, we're going to be dancing?" I asked. Arthur nodded. After a pause, I started giggling.

"What?" He glanced at me with a curious smirk.

"I'll try not to tread on your feet if we dance together," I chuckled. Arthur laughed and shook his head.

"Don't worry about it, at least you're not wearing high-heels," He said with relief.

"That's true," I nodded, still smiling.

-----------Time skip-------------

"Masquerade, people, Masquerade!" Our choreographer cheered, waving his hands in the air in excitement. He was a very eccentric man. We were brought into a large circle and the choreographer, Mick was his name, walked round and picked out pairs, instructing them to come into the middle. "Right, I shall show you the movements to the ballroom dancing in the Masquerade scene, I trust you are all familiar?" He smirked, knowing that we all should have had some lessons in dancing at this stage. I breathed a sigh of relief as I held Arthur's hand. He had been giving me private dancing lessons and I could now keep up with him on the dance-floor. Mick picked out another person from the group and began to dance with them. "One, two, three, one, two, three, one, two, three, and so on. Music please!" He called and I heard the song 'Masquerade' put on. We were instructed on many dances in this scene, including the iconic dance on the stairs before the Phantom makes his entrance. After an hour, we moved on to other group work.

"Right, Molly and [Name], come to the centre, please," Valentino instructed, handing us two scripts. Many hours of group work had gone by and we were now moving onto the separate script work. I stepped up and started to skim read the scene, recognising it immediately. I looked up at the person I was doing the scene with. Molly smiled softly at me before looking to Valentino. I had been given the part of Christine and she had been given the role of Meg, which seemed very suiting. She just looked right for the role. "Now, you two start, just sing the songs and carry on with the scene," Our eccentric choreographer said before sitting down, smiling at us. He cleared his throat and the pianist began to play. I looked nervously at Molly and she gave me an encouraging smile before singing.

This isn't the best version I've heard but it's the only one I could find with Andrew Lloyd Webber's original lyrics in, the movie changes some of the words - A/N

Meg: Where in the world have you been hiding?

Really you were perfect

I only wish I knew your secret

Who is this new tutor?

Mick counted the instrumental before leading me in.

Christine: Father once spoke of an angel,

I used to dream he'd appear.