Chapter #4

~Axel's POV

My eyes remained on her lips, only leaving them to glance up at her face. Her beautiful blue eyes were wide, watching me as I got closer and closer to her mouth. 

"Are you going to kiss me or not?" 

I laughed, grinning down at her. 

"Damn right I'm kissing you."

With that said, I slammed my lips against her soft pink ones. She whimpered lightly, her hands reaching out and grabbing the collar of my shirt.

Fireworks. That's the only way I could think of describing it. I know, I know. It sounds pretty damn girly, but it was true. 

Holding her small body in my arms with my lips against hers, I now fully understood why people wanted to find their mates so badly. It was pure bliss. I knew that this is what I wanted now. I wanted her with my body and soul, and I had absolutely no plans to let her go.

~Ariel's POV

Oh my God. He's kissing me. He's actually kissing me. Oh, dear. Oh, dear oh dear oh dear oh dear.

I snapped back to my senses, kissing him back passionately, loving how warm his lips felt. His strong, muscly arms were wrapped tightly around my waist, his hands rubbing up and down my back. This all feels so right.

I moaned lightly when he took my bottom lip between his teeth, tugging on it. My fingers wound themselves in his hair, pulling his lips back to mine and practically inviting his tongue into my mouth.

His tongue massaged mine gently, as he shifted me so I was in his lap, held close to his chest.

When we finally tore apart, I was breathing heavily. So was Axel.

"You know," He started, his normally strong and tough voice now quiet and somewhat vulnerable. "I never used to want a mate. At all."

I didn't move. It felt like I'd been slapped internally, and the hand that had slapped me was made of fire. I started to push away from his warm embrace, only to have his hold tighten. 

"But then I met you," He murmured, lightly kissing the back of my neck. "And everything changed. It was like a  light switch."

Thank God! I thought he still didn't want me. I don't know what I would've done then. 

I was happy to be in his arms for the short time, my body warm and buzzing in happiness. 

.

So. I don't think I'll be updating 'regularly' for a while, because things are still rocky, but I didn't want to go on any longer without giving you guys something. It's still on hold, but I know stories on hold suck.

I don't even know what to say about the last time I updated.  It was too long and it was terrible of me.

I'm sorry,

-P