Chapter 18

Josh and I laid down in my backyard looking up at the stars, that were shinning bright compared to dark midnight sky.

Everything was just so perfect. My heart raced, my cheeks burned red, I just couldn't stop smiling.

Josh was the reason behind my burst of happiness.

I don't think I've been this happy since I moved here.

*

the next morning

Back to school, one of the worst times. It's not that I didn't want to go back... it's just the attention I didn't want. Since Josh and I ever began to go out-which hasn't been long, only like a night- but it's been so public that everyone in school must know.

I got dressed into my clothes for the day and went downstairs where I expected Josh to be sitting in the kitchen. When I walked in there Josh wasn't there. I felt disappointed, I was actually looking forward to seeing him this morning. He might just be sick though or doesn't feel like going to school today. I sat at the table pouring milk and CoCo Puffs into a bowl and checked my phone.

One text: from Tiffany.

I opened it and it read:

you and josh eh ;)

I laughed to my self and responded:

yeahhh is he coming to school today?

Tiffany responded immediately:

i think so he didn't tell me he wasn't

As soon as I received her message and read it Josh came bursting into the door. A little shriek involuntarily came out of my mouth. "You scared me!" I laughed. His hair was tussled and his clothes discombobulated.

"Sorry. I literally just woke up."

"It's okay. Your shirts on backwards by the way," I pointed out.

"damn it," he mumbled under his breath. He quickly fixed it and we went to the car.

"Do we have to go to school?" I complained.

"Yess! If we don't, your mom will kill me."

"No she won't... We can just say we took a little detour." I said putting air quotes around 'detour'.

"Allison we're going to school."

"Ughhh." I groaned.

He took off and we left off to hell aka school.

Walking through the halls was absolute torture. Girls glaring at me, signifying jealous. I don't understand its not that big of a deal...Josh is just a normal person. Why do girls get jealous so easily ?!

People who I never even spoke to started to talk to me, "please no, stop,I hate you" is pretty much all I thought all day. How do people get worked up over one person... Maybe if it was like a band like All Time Low or One Direction or Justin Timberlake or Lana Del Rey but come on...

Maybe I feel as if its not that big of a deal because I knew the real Josh before I knew the famous Josh.