In a city of fools,

I was careful and cool,

But they tore me apart like a hurricane...

A handful of moments I wished I could change

But I was carried away.

Give me therapy.

I'm a walking travesty

But I'm smiling at everything.

Therapy...

You were never a friend to me

And you can keep all your misery."

"You have a beautiful voice, you know."

Startled, I turned around to see a woman in her late 20's. Her short black hair was curled to perfection and beautifully matched her slick black dress. She had dark brown eyes that actually didn't show anything I didn't want to see. Her makeup was simple, just a touch of eye shadow and mascara. In other words, she was stunning.

"Who are you?" I asked. Around halfway through the song, My tears has stopped completely and I was calm.

"You know your father suffered with depression, right?"

This took me by surprise. "Yes.. why?"

"I'm Cassandra Lee, his therapist, but you can call me Cassie. I just thought I'd see how you were holding up."

I shrugged. "Besides the fact that my parents are gone and the only sympathy I'm getting is fake, I'm fine."

Maybe I shouldn't have been that harsh, but she didn't cringe or anything. She remained understanding.

"I see. Are you speaking?"

"I'm supposed to, but I'm not sure I can." I mumbled weakly.

She nodded, thinking. After a few seconds, she spoke. "You should sing instead."

At that, I panicked. "I can't I-I'm not good with-uh, stage fright."

"Shhh, calm down" She said, putting a hand on my shoulder in comfort. "It's okay, I just thought you might like to show them how you feel."

I nodded, slowing my breathing.

"Do you think you can go back out there?" she asked.

"Maybe.." I muffled.

She sighed. "Listen, I know you're sad, and that's okay. You're trying your very hardest and I, along with your parents, are so proud of you for that. It's okay to cry. In fact, you cry your heart out at this funeral, go home tonight and eat a bunch of ice cream and listen to sad songs all night, because once you run out of tears and ice cream, you can be happy."

I looked up at her to see a soft smile spread across her face. "Okay, I'm ready."

She smiled even wider than before, then reached into her bag and pulled out baby wipes. She used one to take the smudged makeup off of my face, then gave me a tissue to blow my nose. Once I was all cleaned up, she put an arm around my shoulders, then we walked out together. People tried to talk to me, but Cassie pushed them all away. She walked me up to the front row where we sat, waiting for the service to start. After about 5 minutes, it did. I was too lost in thought to pay attention, but before I knew it, I was called to the stage.