CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE

The Wedding

January 21, 2013. Monday. The civil registrar from the municipal hall of La Pez Island was transported to the isle. The female fifty something old civil registrar was a high school classmate of Callix father, married to the current municipal trial court judge of La Pez Island. They signed the marriage license application.

Afterwards, Callix and Callie travelled back to Celledar City along with his parents and their security team. Once they reached the private dock. They walked to a small building still within the compound. Housed in the building were the several luxurious vehicles of Callix's family. His father boarded a luxurious SUV with his driver-bodyguard and was followed by another car boarding his roving security team. She and his mother boarded another similar SUV with his mother's driver-bodyguard and her female bodyguard. Their vehicle was followed by another car boarding the security team that would follow them around. Callix and Romano boarded his SUV. Another car with his security team followed them.

When they got near the farm, their vehicle slowed down to wait on her brand new SUV boarding Caloy and Dina.

They would all go to Missi. His Mom would accompany her in choosing a wedding gown and ordering a wedding cake while his Dad would personally meet with her father and the Villenas for them to be able to attend their secret wedding at the isle. Callix would purchase their wedding rings and would go about his usual work at the tech company.

After lunch, Callie went to work at her office at Zenith Tower. Calliope Scents occupied three consecutive office space floors of the building – 33th to 35th floors. Her office, conference room, and the offices company's team heads were on the 35th floor. All there other employees occupied the two lower floors.

The media groups weren't able to follow her around because they had no idea which vehicle she boarded.

In the evening, Callie just arrived at her condo when she received a video call from Callix. She sat comfortably by the couch in her living room with her feet extended on top of center table.

She replied, "I just arrived at my condo from work. Where are you, munchkin?"

He answered, "I am still at our factory here in Celledar City, cupcake. We're still overseeing the first production of the electronic chips we needed for all our toys and gadgets. I'll stay at the isle the entire week coz I'll be working most of this week at the factory."

She responded, "I'll be staying here in Vienburg most of the week. But I'll be back at the farm by Thursday."

He thoughtfully asked. "Did you encounter any hassle with the media groups?"

She informed him, "Nope. The security team you provided is doing an excellent job warding them off and Cara is doing exceptionally well in shielding me from cameras."

"Good!" He informed her, "I'm really worried about your security, cupcake. I had received a report that there are two maliciously looking men following you around. Your roving security team had seen them while you were with Mom this morning. They also saw them somewhere near the Zenith Tower. Now, they are somewhere near the condo building."

She asked, "What shall I do?"

He said, "Just go on with your usual routine, cupcake. Conrad, Romano's brother and chief of our security team, is personally handling your situation. I just informed you so that you'll be aware. There's nothing to be scared about. They'll protect you from any harm."

"Thanks, munchkin."

(A/N: Photo of Callie's OOTD)