Chapter 14 (edited)

Start from the beginning

“We are going to go upstairs and let you two catch up,” Vince said walking up the stairs with Luke behind him.

“Shut up, no,” I said once they were gone.

“Okay so how much have you missed Greg?” Jesse asked raising her eyebrows.

“Like crazy,” I admitted, “ I keep pictures of all of us in my locker. There is one of Greg and me…I wanted to talk to you guys, just my uncle broke my phone.”

“Well Greg is stoked that you and Vince are back. So did you replace Greg with that kid?” Jesse said.

“Luke? No, no one could replace Greg. And no one could replace Luke. Luke is just a really close friend,” I said.

“Oh okay, uh-huh. So Greg, he is also a close friend,” Jesse said trying to hide her smile.

“I hate you,” I said shaking my head as the doorbell rang.

“That would be Greg,” Jesse smiled.

            Greg same in and eyes the two of us.

“What is going on?” He asked noting our behavior.

“Nothing, just talking about a certain someone,” Jesse said winking and my face went red.

            Greg smiled at me and I tried to smile back.

“So can I ask why I’m the topic of your conversation?” Greg asked with a smile stepping towards me.

“Uh, just old times, you know,” I managed.

            Luke and Vince came down the stairs and Greg nodded to them.

“Why would these two be talking about me?” Greg asked.

“Oh, I think you know,” Vince said with a grin.

“I am going to go and let you guys catch up,” Luke said and left before anyone could protest.

“How about we go upstairs and let the girls continue with their gossip?” Vince suggested and they raced upstairs.

“You so still like Greg!” Jesse squealed, “Why don’t you act on your feelings?”

“Because I am not going to lose him as a friend,” I explained.

“Not because you don’t wanna lose Luke?” Jesse questioned.

“I hate you!” I joked.

“You like Luke too?!” Jesse squealed even louder.

“I don’t know… it’s complicated…with Greg it isn’t…though if I were with Greg it complicates things with Luke,” I explained.

“You have to choose,” Jesse sang.

“No duh. Can we change the subject?” I pleaded.

“Tell me about Luke!”

“I’ve known him since forever, you remember that one Halloween?” I reminded.

“Oh…okay I remember. And I see your dilemma in choosing; they look alike enough. Both black hair same body type and they both make your heart beat just a bit faster,” Jesse romanticized.

“Shut up, they are different personality wise though. Luke is…tougher, and more put together and clean cut whereas Greg is rough and exciting and more emotional,” I said.

“Shh, they are coming down!” Jesse squeaked.

“So what did you boys talk about?” I asked.