CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO

Callix Emmanuel Valderama

Callix Emmanuel Valderama was born on November 3, 1984 in Vienburg City, Missi. Calliope Luvienco, his mother, was a private practicing dentist while Felix Valderama, his father, was a lawyer and a law professor. He was an only child. They belonged to the middle class.

But things had changed for his family drastically upon his return from USA in year 2012.

After working in a prestigious software company, finishing masters' degrees in computer science and in business administration, and saving a business capital, he returned to Filipinas and established his own tech company which he called V+ Tech Company.

The first product V+ Tech Company had launched was a smartphone with his personally-developed mobile operating system which he called Vdroid. The smartphone came with several applications which he personally developed as well. In just a span of one month, the sales of his Vdroid phones had already been comparable that of i-Phones and other android phones.

The next thing he launched was a foldable lightweight desktop PC run by his personally developed graphical operating system which he called V+droid. It also had its own office suite of applications, servers and services which he called V+soft Office with components – word processor program; spreadsheet program; presentation program; database management system; and many more. It was also well- received by the market especially when he launched his other products.

The third thing he launched was his own social networking website which he called Bondster. In a span of a week it was as famous as its counterpart Facebook. Its structure included the homepage, bonds, and the freedom wall. The homepage showed the profile of the user along with music playlist, photo album, and audio-video clips. The bonds enabled users to connect to each other by bond request. Bonds were categorized into – family, friends, relatives, classmates, work colleagues, and many more. The freedom wall enabled users to post shout outs, moods, photos, videos and reactions. Bondster also came with features such as - instant messaging, voice calling, video calling, camera filter,  customized page layout with color schemes and themes and many more.

As year 2012 ended, Callix Valderama was already considered a multi-billionaire and one of the richest men in the world. Other products he had launched included Vdroid tablets, V+droid laptops, V+droid notebooks, computerized security system (CSS) software and all the hardware devices needed for it, computerized management operations system (CMOS) software and all the hardware devices needed for it, and some V+ droid mini office robots.

January 3, 2013. He received a business proposal from Andrew Zaragoza inviting him to invest in Zaragoza Toy Company (ZTC). He asked his deputy/best friend Paolo Cervantes to give him all the whereabouts of ZTC in a week.

Such had prompted him to reach out to Callie for the nth time since he returned. He sent her an email –

Callie,

I've been in the country for a year already and you still haven't found time to meet me. I know how busy you are with Zaragoza Farm and Calliope Scents that you'll launch this year.

When will you be back here in Vienburg? Can't wait to see you!

Callix

After an hour, he received a reply.

Callix,

I'm in Vienburg now. The inauguration of the company will be this coming Saturday along with our first lines of scents. I hope you can attend the opening. Just drop by anytime at my condo.