Chapter 8

Meghan's POV:
The next morning I wake up early and head downstairs. I start a pot of coffee and sigh. I used to not drink coffee but then something happened and now it's my addiction. I head outside to my mailbox and grab the mail and come back in. I look through it and sigh again. I turn on the radio and start dancing around the kitchen picking out stuff to make breakfast, trying to cheer up. The announcer on the radio comes on and starts talking, I zone out not caring about weird talk shows. I head to the fridge to grab bacon but stop in my tracks when I hear my name on the radio.

"And apparently Meghan's album will be released next month, May 13th, and will be going on tour shortly after...." The announcer says. Shit. I forgot about my career after Marlie started getting older. I remember finishing my album and then agreed to a tour, not knowing when. Ugh. This is just perfect. How can my day get any worse? Marlie comes down in her pajamas a few minutes later carrying her new doll from yesterday. Jordon! I text her and ask if she can come over. I resume making breakfast and Marlie sits down at our breakfast bar. Jordon comes in through the front door and yells she's here. Marlie runs to her and she picks her up.

"Jo look!" She squeals and shows off her doll's outfit. I giggle and didn't realize the top of the stove was still on and set my hand down on it.

"Fu-FUN! Yeah freaking fun Jordon help!" I say and whimper. Jordon puts Marlie down and runs over to me.

"Nice save there MTrain." She giggles. I roll my eyes and Jordon wraps my hand up.

"Nothing serious, probably will heal in the next week or so." She says. I sigh and slump down in a chair.

"What's the matter?" Jordon asks and leans against the island.

"I don't know. It seems like since Charlie came back everything is going downhill...." I say and mess with my bondage.

"Just block him out of your life like you always have.... He doesn't have custody....." Jordon says and pops a blueberry I washed earlier into her mouth. I sigh and her eyes widen.

"What?" She says and comes over to me. I point over to the mail stack and she grabs the top letter.

"Child custody papers." She gasps and I nod sadly.