20 years later.

I stretched my arms and noticed James wasn't in bed. I shrugged and looked at the side cabinet with old photos from when I was a kid. It brought back so many memories. Being in the Orphanage, James coming to live back at the Orphanage, Kayleigh. I remembered Kayleigh. I visited her grave every Season. I couldn't visit everyday like some people do. I can't handle stuff like that. I picked up a photo frame of Kayleigh and I. We were in our school summer dresses. We looked so happy, like that was the best day possible. Tears built up in my eyes, trickling down my cheeks a bit.

"Babe, I made you a coffee." James handed me the warm mug, looking at the photo.

I warmly smiled, gesturing him to come and sit next to me. And so he did. He took the frame off me and smiled.

"I remember when you was cute." He teased. "And you still are." He added, before I questioned him if I wasn't now.

I reached into the drawers, taking out a massive photo album. On the front said 'Our Childhood Memories'. I opened it up, the first picture of James and I with the rest of the children in the Orphanage. This was when we was five. He was eight. I was sat on James' shoulders and the expression on our faces was amusing. It was at Christmas and I was wearing my new bobble hat which was purple.

I turned over the page and it was a picture of James, Kayleigh and I all holding hands in school. The picture was so cute. But one memory got me the most. Joseph. I couldn't forget him. Not ever. I was scared if he'd get his hands on my daughter Alice. He was due to come out of prison in 2 days. He wouldn't know where we live now, anyway. We live at least 4-5 hours away from the town now.

Alice came into our room, dressed up in a white dress. I gave her a confused look.

"Mum, why are you not ready!" She spoke, looking at both James and I.

"Why would I be ready?" I asked, closing the album up.

"I'm going to Kayla's party, duh!" Her attitude was taking over her. She was becoming a teenager after all.

"Oh shoot! I forgot! I'll get dressed now. Just go downstairs or something." I instructed, pointing to the door. She walked out, closing the door.

I totally forgot about the party. I was too focused on my childhood. Kayla reminded me of Kayleigh. She looked the same and had the same personality. It freaked me out, to be honest.

"I'll take Alice if you want." James smiled, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"It's ok. I can manage." I kissed him on the cheek and went into the bathroom.

I undressed, the scars from when I was 12 still there. It brought back so many harsh memories, I wish they could just disappear. I got in the shower, thinking of everything. I missed my old childhood. After having the shower, I got out and put my dressing gown on, heading towards the bedroom. I went in and got changed very quickly. Putting on some denim trousers and a shirt. I dried my hair quickly and let it fall past my waist. I got all my stuff together, sliding on some shoes and going downstairs.

"Come on, Alice." I yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

I walked into the kitchen where James was.

"I won't be long." I picked the car keys up and kissed him quickly on the lips.

"Alice!"

She came down, looking beautiful and stunning as always. I smiled at her and opened the front door. She followed me out and we got into the car. I learnt how to drive at 16 but got my license at 18. As we were driving, the memories kept flooding my mind. I didn't know why. They just did. I don't know what caused me to feel like this, this morning neither.

We arrived outside Kayla's house and I gave Alice a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Make sure you don't get into trouble, will you? Be good." I smirked, giving Alice Kayla's gift.

"Don't eat too much too. I'm taking you and your dad out for dinner." I warned, closing the door and watching as Alice made her way down the footpath.

"I'll pick you up at 4!" I added, closing the window and driving away.

The journey back was long. I was stuck in traffic and the pedestrians were slow as hell. I remember just running across the road. It made everyone's life easier. I turned on the radio to drown my memories. My favourite song was on. I started singing but was interrupted when a mans voice was on the radio.

"Hello. We have some great but terrifying news for everyone! Murderer and kidnapper, Joseph Dale will be out of prison tomorrow! After being in prison for 20 years, he finally gets to carry on his life. Lets hope he has learnt his lesson! Joe was meant to be out of prison in 2 days, but they've had to let him out a day earlier. Police are refusing to give answers but that's just the case!"

I switched the radio off. Heart thumping. Tomorrow. Why tomorrow? Why not never? He may be my brother but he isn't a brother to me! He is some sick man who tortured me and killed my best friend! I parked my car in the drive way and got out, locking the door behind me. I opened the front door, the warm air blasting into me.

"Babe, I'm home!" I called out, shutting the door.

"Hey sweetheart." James kissed me on the lips, dragging me into the front room.

"What is it?" I laughed, staring at him for an answer.

"I just wanted to say I love you." He smiled, handing me a box of chocolates.

Why was he suddenly being so romantic to me?

"Aww, babe. Thank you! I love you too." I kissed him on the lips. Butterflies circling my stomach. I pulled back, blushing.

"You're welcome, darling." He gave me another, quick kiss.

"I'm taking you and Alice out for dinner. Get changed." I grinned.

He rushed upstairs and I sat on the sofa, opening the laptop up. I had mail. It was from Lily. I didn't know who Lily was as I opened the mail up.

'Hey Daisy,

It's Lily. I don't think you'll remember me, but I hope you do! I just want to say, I hope you're having a wonderful time being an adult! I certainly am, considering I'm 23 now! I remember in the Orphanage, you would read me a bed time story every night. I was 3 then. You was 12.

Please email back! I miss you loads! You was like a big sister to me! Xx'

I re-read the message again. I remember Lily. She was so cute when she was little. I can't believe I can speak normally with her now. It was so hard speaking with babies. I replied quickly, finding it hard to think. What should I write?

'Hey Lily,

I certainly remember you! I am doing good thanks! Yeah, I'm 32 now! A mother of a 12 year old daughter named Alice. She's beautiful. She reminded me of you when she was 3. I would read her stories at night and she'd drift off asleep immediately.

And how are you? How was primary school and high school? Have you attended college or university? I'd love to know! Xxx'

As soon as I replied, I closed my laptop and looked at James who was wearing a gorgeous suit. Just like the old times. All my past was catching up with me and I wasn't sure why.

"You look sexy!" I winked.

He chuckled. I just smiled and went into the kitchen to make a drink.

"Lily emailed me before." I said, pouring water in the kettle.

"Who's Lily?" James questioned, pulling me into him.

"The girl from the Orphanage." I explained, pulling away from his hold.

"Oh that girl! The one you read stories too."

I nodded my head. "I can't believe she's 23 now!" I laughed, making a coffee for James and I.

"Everyone grows up, eh." James walked to the table.

"Yes. Such a shame." I gave James the coffee and we both drank it over a conversation about Joseph and how we should keep Alice safe.

"Don't allow her near the town. When she grows up, she'll understand more." I warned.

"Look, Joseph doesn't know that you have a daughter. If they somehow walk past each other one day, he won't recognise who she is. And she won't, too. We aren't going to tell her about Joseph." James instructed, his serious face spreading across his face.

I nodded.

3:40pm.

"I must pick Alice up. I said I'd pick her up at 4." I stood up.

"I'll come with you!" James shouted, standing up and running to the door like a young boy.

I laughed and got the car keys. I locked the house door and we got in the car.

"Joseph is coming out tomorrow." I forgot to mention earlier on.

"What! Why? What happened to his exact date!" James demanded.

"I don't know. I wish I knew though." I sighed, pulling out the drive way.

"This is ridiculous, babe." He facepalmed.

The traffic had shortened down now and we were bang on time. Alice was waiting at the front of the garden. I beeped my horn to get her attention.

"Come on!" James' deep voice laughed.

She got in the back and I hadn't even decided where we was going to eat.

"I feel sick, mum." Alice mumbled, pressing her arm against her stomach.

'I told you, you shouldn't of eaten too much."

"But the mini cakes looked so tempting to eat!" She burped.

"Pardon you." I whispered under my breath as we drove to town.

I parked in the local car park which was free for 6 hours. It was ridiculous but amazing. You'd spend over 6 hours anyway in this town, there's so much to do! We walked to Frankie&Bennie's. James and I holding hands and Alice treading behind us.

James opened the door, allowing Alice to go in first. I walked in and James playfully slapped my bottom. I gasped quietly and slapped his arm.

We got given a table to sit at and waited for 10 minutes before someone came to serve us. We all ordered our food and started talking about marriage.

"You two should get married." Alice pointed out, sucking the straw.

I laughed quietly and looked at James who was laughing too.

"Maybe one day." James whispered in her ear loudly for me to hear, purposely. I smiled. Alice was defiantly a daddy's girls when she was younger.

We got our food and we started eating straight away. I had a chicken burger, James had a pizza and Alice had a pasta bake. The food was delicious.

"I can't eat pudding. I'm too full." I laughed.

"Yeah me too." James smirked, piling his plate on top of mine.

"How about you, love?" I asked Alice.

"No thanks." She mumbled, wanting to be sick.

I laughed and got up, collecting out stuff. We paid the people and went back to the car. I couldn't believe Joseph was getting out tomorrow.

We all got in the car and it started getting late. I was tired, James was and Alice was too. We drove home, the flash lights on. I was starting to become incredibly tired. I started to yawn, making my eyes watery. The lights made my eyes burn as I rubbed my eyes, not paying attention to the road. I looked back at Alice who was sleeping and James who was on his phone. I smiled and looked back at the road.

I screamed as a lorry was heading towards us. I didn't know if it was going to crash or not. Alice woke up quickly and looked at horror as the lorry was zooming towards us more. I couldn't turn because if I did, we'd crash into a wall, probably dying or getting injured bad. I took hold of the steering wheel and turned it, dodging everything that went past.

"LOOK OUT!" Alice screeched..
____________________________________________

Heya! New part! Yay! So Daisy has a kid and James is the father. :O You will hear a lot more from Alice too! Sorry for the loooong update too!

I need to go. Bye!
~Eireann.