Chapter Four

*******Pierce******

Just as we were about to pull out of the lot for the run Slasher came rolling in, stopping next to me. "Where the fuck have you been? We were about to go looking."

"Sorry," he shrugged. "Got held up in traffic on the way back from seeing Nova."

"You're lucky it was your sister." I grumbled as we rolled out, riding down the main road and out on to the highway. We had a long drive ahead of us and I needed all eyes open. The Vipers Creed MC had threatened us many times, they were trying to take most of our territory towards Las Vegas which wasn't good for business. We needed as many friends as we could get, and expanding our territory was a good perk.

************

"It's good to see you, boy. How's your father?" Reggie, the President of Devil's Saints MC and long time friend of my father, slapped me on the back as we sipped our beers. We were trying to branch towards L.A. and Reggie was willing to join in a partnership.

"Good," I shrugged. "Hoping I don't fuck it up."

"You won't, your Jackson Dean's son!" Reggie boomed, a smile raising the small wrinkles on his face. "But I'm sure your momma is breathing down your neck."

"You have no idea!" Slasher laughed, slapping me in the back. "And she has a woman in mind. To be honest, everyone can't wait for these two to just make up and get it on!" Everyone laughed, except me who just glared at my friend.

"What's her name?!?" Reggie asked, everyone waiting on the edge of there if their seats just waiting to hear the name of the woman who stole 'The Reapers' heart.

"Harper," I sipped my beer and the whole bar went up in cheers.

"I can't believe he admitted it!" Slasher chuckled as he punched my arm. "Let's make a toast!" Slasher stood on the bar, holding up a shot full of whiskey. "To our Prez, who finally admitted that Harper stole his heart!" Everyone cheered again then down a shot. "Now let's hope they get together soon because he's an ass!" I shook my as I smiled, my friend was on his way to getting wasted and I helped him climb down from the bar.

"You can stop now, Slash." He chuckled as he leaned against the bar.

"Fine," he threw back another shot. "Just wanted to help you get your head out of your ass."

"Yep, sure did that." I chuckled as he followed a biker whore into the crowd toward the stairs to extra rooms. I pinched the bridge of my nose before standing, walking outside to see the night sky. I pulled out my phone, wondering through my contacts before I clicked on the number that my mom gave me.

"Hello?" Harper's sleep coated voice made a shiver race throughout my entire body.

"Hey, Smitty." I exhaled, loving how her voice sounded.

"Pierce?" She yawned and I felt kind of bad for waking her up this late. "Everything okay?"

"Uh," why did there have t be something wrong in order for me to call her. "I guess, I had a few too many that's all. I... Missed you that's all. I'll let you sleep."

"Pierce..." I paused, feeling my heart skip a beat. "I missed you too. Stay safe." She hung up and I felt like my world was being ripped right out from under me.

********

My phone buzzed me awake and I groaned. I stayed up way too damn late last night and all because of Harper Fucking Smith. She haunted me all night long that I couldn't sleep peacefully, I would wake up frustrated and horny as hell. "What?" I hissed, the sun barely up, so why the fuck was I?

"Don't you dare 'what' me, boy!" My father growled, his tone a mix of anger and sorrow.

"Sorry, Pops, didn't see that it was you." I rubbed he sleep from my eyes, hoping I didn't get the wrath of J.D. Cole when I got home. "Everything okay?"

"No, son, it's not." He sounded tired and I sat fully up in the motel bed that I was sleeping in. "It's your mom..." There was a pause. "And Harper." My knuckles turned white as I gripped the phone.

"What the hell happened?" I growled, standing and getting on my jeans.

"Viper's Creed happened..." I could hear the stress in his voice. "They followed your mom to the market when she, Philly, and Harper went to get food for the barbecue next week. They tried to grab your mom but Harper sliced one of their arms opened. They hit her pretty hard, she hit the pavement pretty hard and when the police showed up so they scattered."

"We're heading home now," I pulled on my shirt, ending the call with my father before leaving to find the guys. Most were in the motel and the others were at The Devil's Saints' clubhouse. I found Slasher and flipped him off the couch, not caring that the whore went with him. I was beyond pissed, not only had they tried to get my mom, something you just don't do, but they also touched my woman. Wait? Since when is Harper mine? I didn't have time to contemplate my inner thoughts, pushing them aside as Slasher became fully awake and the white cursed at me.

"Hey," Slasher grunted as he glared up at me. "What the hell you do that for, dickhead?"

"Viper's Creed tried to take my mom." He stood, finding his shirt and pants. "And they hurt Harper." I growled, my anger boiling over.

"Shit," we ran out, explaining briefly explaining to Reggie while we left. "Those fucking cock suckers."

"I'm gonna kill them." I growled as we all revved our engines, peeling down the highway back to Raven's Creek to put an end to Viper's Creed and I had a special plan for the one who put their hands on Harper. And I was going to enjoy every minute of it.