Chapter 9

It was the last letter. Steve was about to finish his mission. He felt that was time to come back to Wakanda and to meet Bucky. His Bucky. Those letters showed how Bucky had gone through when he was controlled by Hydra. Some letters made Steve surprised, others made him sad and when Bucky wrote his memories of high school's days, made Steve happy.

Steve was sitting on the old brown couch in Bucky's last apartment. Next to him, there was a black backpack. He was ready to leave and to travel to Wakanda. In his hands, the last letter. He sighed and read it.

"Steve,

I don't know how to tell what I'm feeling now. Today, I tried to kill you! I'M SO SORRY, STEVE. I don't know why my mind wanted to punch you until you die! When you said "I'm with you until the end of the line" something blew up in my mind. I remembered everything and who you are. Then, I saw you were falling into the river. I jumped in and I tried to catch you. Some seconds later, I rescued you and I left you in the river bank. I'm sorry again, Steve. I could not

look at you because I can't believe that I tried to kill you with my own hands. That's why I escaped.

Now I'm in the airplane going to somewhere. I want badly forget this day. I tried to kill you!! And your new friend. A friend with wings. It's awesome. It's better than a serial-killer like me... Now, I want to be far away from you. I don't wanna hurt you, neither kill you. I need to be alone for a while. So, a last request... please, Steve. Don't follow me. Don't find me. I want you alive.

Hugs,

Bucky"