XXII

Chapter 22- Betrayal is a common trait {Pt.1}

***

Victor

Never be scared of what you imagine, Be scared of what you see. Family can be right in front of you and you can't find the difference between the good and the bad. Inside you should know who's good but the bad always sneaks up behind you.

"What are you reading?" Micah asked and I closed the book slowly so I wouldn't look suspicious. Of course closing it fast makes it look like I'm hiding something when I'm not.

"Just this book, It's nothing"

He eyed me and snatched it out of my grip. "Bad and Good: True colors. What the hell is this?"

"Uhm. It was a gift. I got it a long time ago it's nothing"

"It's nothing?" He walked in front of me. "You wouldn't be thinking about betraying us, Would you?"

"No, No of course I wouldn't be thinking about doing that. I wouldn't do that"

He nodded and laughed. "Good because Ali's been asking me all these questions about if he should trust you. And of course I've been saying yeah. My baby brother, He's pure" He said with his face bone straight as the word pure came out.

"Oh" I trailed. "Do you not miss Skyler?"

He raised an eyebrow.

"Or mom and dad. Anyone." I asked honestly terrified. He tilted his head and shrugged.

"I didn't know I should, Why would I miss them? They didn't care about us"

"Yes they di-"

"They didn't"

"Micah, They looked for u-"

"No" He yelled and I looked down. "They only cared about Skyler, When that fire happened they worried where Skyler was. Not us, And Zylen thought he could be a saviour because he came and tried to help. No I refused to owe anything to him and he took you after I specifically told you not to go"

I looked back up as what happened flashed through my mind. I've been having dreams every night about events I didn't know happened. Waking up shaking, Asking for Skyler or crying.

"I was four, You think I really knew what was right and wrong? I did what I felt was safe. You Just wanted to be the grown up"

"No I wanted to be independent, Do you see Skyler anywhere here? Making an attempt to come get you? She doesn't care"

"No you don't" I said as I stood up and he crossed his arms.

"What makes you think that? The fact I found us a place to stay? Or I helped you not die!?"

"You kidnapped me!" I yelled and Nate and Ali walked in.

"What's going on in here?"

I kept eye contact with my brother who gave me the same betrayed and hurt expression I was giving him.