Chapter ¤ 27 -Thanksgiving to remember-

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Um nothing." Rome got out. She eyed him and sat down beside me. Analis' came to sit down beside him. It was an awkward silence for a few minutes.

Analis' cleared her throat. "So are y'all ready for dinner soon?" she asked smiling.

"You know I am." Rome cheesed.

"I can't wait." I replied. Ki smiled.

"Well y'all better. I slaved over that stove."

Me and Rome laughed.

"Well I'm gonna get ready to go." Ki whispered in my ear. I nodded.

"Aight boo. I'll be waiting." I told her pecking her lips. She smiled and got up.

"I'm gonna go change clothes." Analis' told Rome. He nodded as she walked upstairs. I heard the front door close so I knew Ki had just left.

It's just me and my boy for now.

Kiley▶

I was almost to Ms. Stewart's house (Darian's mom), when my phone rang. I picked it up and saw Analis' was calling. I slid it to the right to answer.

"Hey girl." I answered.

"Hey you over there yet?" she asked.

"No not yet. Just a few more minutes. I hope this isn't awkward." I told her. She laughed.

"I'm sure it will be."

I rolled my eyes "I already know Darian is gonna be there. I'm just ready to speak and leave." I said turning onto Ms. Stewart's street.

"Just tell me how it goes ok." she said.

"Ok talk to you soon." I told her and ended the call.

I pulled into her driveway and as I thought Darian was here. His car was parked right beside hers. There were a few other cars here but I didn't care. I'm not staying for dinner. I turned off my car and got out, locking them behind me.

I pulled my coat closer to my body as I walked towards her front door. I took a deep breath and rung the doorbell. A few seconds later the door opened revealing Ms. Stewart.

She was a pretty brown skinned woman. Short, with long curly brown hair. She had the same hazel eyes as Darian, and a smile just like his. You could say he was his mothers twin. She smiled as she greeted me.

"Hey Ki. I've missed you." she said pulling me into a hug. I hugged her back.

"Hi Ms. Stewart. I've missed you as well." I told her as we both pulled away.

"Come in dear." she smiled. I walked into the house and the smell of soul food hit my nose.

I always loved her cooking.

I walked into the living room and sat down. I took off my coat and laid it across the arm of the couch. She came walking back into the living room a few minutes later, with Darian hot on her heels. I mentally rolled my eyes as he sat down beside her. He looked at me and smiled slyly, while she smiled and pushed her hair over her shoulder.

"So how have you been dear?" she asked.

"I've been great. I've gotten back into modeling and I love it." I explained. She smiled her eyes wide.

"That's lovely. I've always known you were the model type." I smiled and nodded. Darian was eyeing me like he had something he wanted to say. I just brushed it off.

"So I hear you have a new boyfriend." she stated. I gently cleared my throat seeing Darian smirk.

"Yes I do. I love him and he's a great man." I told her. She nodded smiling. Darian's smirk faded.