Chapter 2

• Dedicated to Justin Bieber

Once inside, we saw the Wolf Pack sitting at our usual table. We walked over to them and took our seats right besides each other.

"Principal said that we can have free time for the rest of the day, but we must not leave school grounds," Casey informed us.

Casey had always been the one that was updated on school news. Ryan was the ultimate basketball and hockey player. Chaz, also, was a hockey player. Christian like basketball and he was the joker of the group. Caitlin and Hajra were into Fashion. Justin was well, Justin was all of the above. What about me? Well, I play a little hockey and soccer, ever since Justin taught me, and well... I sing and dance – but no one knows about that – not even Justin!

"Really?" Almost everyone inside the cafeteria asked, as they eavesdropped into our conversation.

"Yeah," Casey said; a little shocked at how everyone was listening, may I add.

"Seems like what Justin said earlier, came true." I giggled.

"Well of course. I'm the Biebs – I'm always right," He replied with a cocky smile.

"Whatever." I stuck my tongue out at him. 

After that, everyone went back to their own business. Finally! I mean, come on. Whether Casey was talking loud or not, everyone listening was a bit... Well it was a bit rude. The bell rang for the end of lunch and soon enough, we were the only ones staying put.

"So..." I broke the awkward silence.

"I have good news!" Justin claimed excitedly, looking up from his phone.

"And that is?" Hajra asked.

"I'm going on tour for the summer! And guess what's even better?"

"What?"

"You can all come, as well! Apparently all your parents have been informed – we leave the day after tomorrow!" Justin informed us.

"Yippee!"

--

We spent the rest of our time left in school, talking about the tour. The bell already rang for the end of school which meant one thing... Summer!

"Summer! Summer! Summer!" We all chanted as the bell rang.

We all ran out of the school building, our own friends running alongside us. We jumped, the Wolf Pack, into Justin's Range Rover and drove down to McDonalds. 

"Okay, it's my treat today!" Christian called out.

"Aw bless! You're the youngest and you're treating us," I cooed.

"Shut up." We laughed.

You may be confused why Christian is in the same grade as us, even though he's only fourteen years old. Well, Christian and Casey, both fourteen, were really that smart that they moved up to our grade as theirs was too easy for them.

"Ash? What do you want?" Caitlin asked.

"Large fries, cheese burger and a sprite, please," I told her.

"Okay."

I went to find a table with Justin. We found a corner booth which was out of the way, and in the direction of the sun. We sat down. 

Five minutes later, the others came. Christian gave our food out one by one – everyone's but mine. He took a look at the food that he had ordered and then looked up at me, "You were mean to me – so I won't give you yours."

"Aww... Please. I'm very hungry!" I said in my best, cute, baby voice. I also used the puppy-dog eyes.

"Ugh, okay fine! Effin' puppy dog face!" He claimed, handing me my food as I laughed at him.

We started eating our food, making small talk here and there when Chaz suddenly spoke up; "I'm dating Caitlin, Ryan and Hajra are together and as are Christian and Casey. What about you two? Who are you dating? Each other?"

"I wish," I mumbled to myself, trying not to let anyone else hear.

"What did you say, Ash?" Ryan asked.

"I said I'm dating no one," I told him, lying through my teeth.

"Oh. I thought you said... Never mind..." Ryan trailed off.

"What about you, Justin?"

"I'm not dating anyone." Justin said as I sighed in relief, but then he continued... "But I do have a crush on someone and I'm planning on asking her out..." He finished.

"Really? Who?" Christian asked.

"Selena Gomez," Justin grinned.

At that moment in time – my heart was literally broken in two and stamped on. How could I stand a chance? Selena is like every guy's dream, and me? Well I'm just Justin Bieber's best friend – forever stuck in the friend zone. Obviously he's going to pick her over me. She's beautiful and I'm ugly. Yeah, Justin might always tell me that I'm beautiful, but no... I'm not.

********

Hi! To all my Filipino readers, I hope you spare a few minutes to read my new story, "He's the one". It's written in a mix of Tagalog and English. I promise it's a bit more well written than this story HAHAHAHA

https://www.wattpad.com/580611728-he%27s-the-one-ako