Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

As soon as they were alone outside of the Great Hall, Joshua spoke, "So, I've been thinking a lot since the ball."

"About?"

"Well, us," he told her with the most uplifting expression. "I was curious if you wanted to be my girlfriend?"

Elizabeth didn't know what to say. After she'd kissed Tom, she didn't know where she stood with him. Although, he did make it very clear that he couldn't have any feelings for her. "Yes, of course."

"You have no idea how much that means to me," he squeezed her hand. After a few minutes, they reached the seventh floor. "Do you remember where it is?"

"Yes, it's across from the tapestry of Barnabas the Barmy," Elizabeth informed him. Of course she knew where it was; she'd gone there almost every day. He grinned down at her. "What?" she smiled back at Joshua.

"Nothing," he chuckled and put his arm around her shoulder, pulling Elizabeth in closer to him. "I'm glad you're mine."

Elizabeth kept herself from gagging. She wasn't anybody's. Since they were still early in their relations, she decided to brush it off. They finally made it to the corridor which contained the Room of Requirement.

"Okay," Elizabeth closed her eyes and wished for a place to have fun with her friends. It almost came across her mind to wish for a place to teach magic to Tom, as that's what she always requested. The echoing bumps of the door caused her eyes to open again. Joshua opened the door for her and they both entered quietly, looking behind them to make sure no one had followed them. Henry was resting on one of the couches with his eyes closed while Klaus, sitting on the floor, was struggling to pop the cap off of the bottle. It didn't look like Firewhiskey.

"Klaus, what exactly is that?" Joshua referred to the glass bottle as he and Elizabeth took a seat on the couch Klaus had been leaning against.

Klaus smiled and held it up for the couple to see, "It's Muggle alcohol, called vodka. It's supposed to make you three times more tipsy than plain old Firewhiskey."

"Is that safe?" Elizabeth asked. She had only drunk Firewhiskey before, and muggle alcohol, but in very small amounts.

"Of course, why would I do anything to hurt my friends? Besides, what is the worst that could happen?" he pointed out. It was true. They were in a concealed room and weren't required to be anywhere. "I charmed this bottle to keep refilling itself so we won't ever run out."

Elizabeth cleared her throat to say she didn't believe this was the best idea, but was cut short by the doors opening again. Matilda's bright blonde persona peeked from around the corner. She smiled when she saw it was them and motioned for Melissa to join her. They sat down on the third of the three couches which were all facing each other, the fireplace creating a square.

"Need help with that?" Matilda asked Klaus, giggling at his efforts to rip the cap off of the bottle. He sighed and then tossed it over to her. She presented her wand and with a small flick, the cap popped off. "There you go," she said with a small wink as she took the first sip from the bottle. Elizabeth sensed some flirtation between Matilda and Klaus.

"You Slytherin girls never cease to impress me," Klaus smirked in response to her.

"Get a room, you two," Henry chuckled, causing Klaus to toss a pillow his way. Klaus and Matilda shared a look, then broke apart when the doors opened again. The voices were loud and abrasive.

Walburga's whiny tone pierced their ear drums, "That's not optimism, that's ignorance and stupidity!"

"Well, I can be hopeful!" Bonnie shrieked as the doors closed with a thud behind her. "Oh, hello my friends who don't yell at me," she addressed the group and sat down by Henry's feet. Walburga pushed Melissa aside with her hips so she could have room on the couch, causing Matilda to tumble off and land on the carpet. She didn't seem too troubled, for Klaus sat right beside her.