Chapter 1

Optional, you can listen to Ribs by Lorde while reading this story.

This story is starting off when Clarke is 17 and Lexa is 19.

Narrator's POV:

The blonde groaned in frustration, not understanding why her mother won't tell her where Lexa is. She's been asking her mother countless times where Lexa has gone, but was only greeted with nothing but silence.

Clarke began to feel the tears fill up her eyesight, but blinked them away. Once more, Clarke was beginning to feel her blood rush.

"Mom, if you won't tell me, I'm gonna go ask Jaha." She harshly spoke.

"Clarke," Abby began, but was instantly cut off by Clarke slamming her fists against the table.

"Mom, I want to know where Lexa is. Right now, damn it." She exclaimed beginning to walk towards the door.

Clarke turned to look towards her mother once more before leaving to meet the Chancellor.

She spotted Kane leaving one of the meeting rooms, and quickly jogged over towards him.

"Kane, where's the chancellor?" She questioned.

"Why?" He looked towards her, trying to study her facial expressions.

"I need to speak with him."

"About?" He questioned once more in a calm voice.

"It's about my father." She lied, trying her best not to show any emotions on her face.

"What's wrong with him? Maybe I can take care of him." He spoke moving closer to Clarke.

She looked over Kane's shoulder and spotted Chancellor Jaha leaving the meeting room that Kane just exited out of.

"Jaha!" She yelled moving past Kane.

"Ah, Clarke Griffin. What do you need?" He asked folding his hands together.

"Where's Lexa Woods?" Clarke asked through gritted teeth.

"I've been trying to figure out where she went to for 11 years and I haven't been told a thing." She spoke looking at Jaha, noticing he had been affected by her words.

"Well you want the truth."

"Please." Clarke pleaded.

"We sent her to the ground, when she was 8 years old." He spoke with no emotion in his voice.

"Why the hell would you do that?" Clarke asked getting even more angrier than before.

"Well, when you brought her to medical, your mother told me she had black blood, and I wasn't sure if what she had was something that could be contagious and get us all killed." He explained.

"Well, I have something to tell you too."

"Go on." He said, making sure to listen to every word she was about to say.

"Go float yourself." Clarke spoke harshly, turning on her heals and leaving back towards her room, leaving a shocked Jaha standing in the middle of the halls.

"Sir," Kane tried comforting Jaha, only to be cut off by his words.

"No, let her go." He said watching Clarke leave.

Clarke entered the room to find her mother sitting at the table with her hand supporting her head.

"Clarke," Abby lifted her gaze from the table and walked over towards Clarke.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She spoke with pain in her voice, looking up towards her mother with tears in her eyes.

"Clarke, I," Abby began, but was once again, cut off by an outraged Clarke.

"Don't, talk to me right now, I don't want to hear this." Clarke spoke harshly walking past Abby and towards her room, slamming the door.

"Tough kid, huh?" Clarke's father, Jake spoke to Abby.

"Yeah." She said softly, turning to look towards Jake.

"Hey, we still need to figure something out about the oxygen levels."

"Don't worry about those, I'll take care of that. I'll speak to Jaha in the morning about the problem." Abby said looking towards the ground.

"Don't speak to him." Jake spoke harshly.

"Why not, he's our only hope."

"If you speak to him, you and him both will be the cause of my death because I'll get floated." Jake said leaving the room, to their bedroom, leaving Abby with her thoughts.

"I miss you." Clarke sobbed softly into her pillow, wishing Lexa could've been her shoulder to cry on at this moment.

"I'll find you, just be patient, okay?" Clarke softly spoke, looking up towards her window, looking down upon the Earth that Lexa was currently on.

In this moment, Lexa was looking up upon on the stars, wondering where the Ark could've been right now, wondering what Clarke was doing.

"You seem to be thinking hard." A girl voiced over to Lexa, letting her head fall onto the older girl's shoulder.

"I am." She spoke, looking towards the girl with light blonde hair.

"What are you thinking about?" Costia questioned shifting her head slightly to look towards Lexa.

"The past." Lexa kissed the girl's forehead before standing up from her spot on the ground.

"Go rest, we have a long day tomorrow." Lexa spoke breaking the short silence that fell between the two girls, resting her hand on her sword.

"You mean, you have a long day tomorrow." She teased winking towards her lover.

"And why is that?"

"Because Titus wouldn't dare let me travel with you. He would feel as though I would distract you from your duties." Costia spoke with a hint of pain in her voice.

"Costia," Lexa began, but was instantly cut off by Costia's kiss.

Lexa fell into the kiss, feeling as though everything in her mind had escaped, vanished. She loved the feeling she got when her lips met Costia's. It was a feeling Lexa wouldn't dare trade the world for.

When they pulled away from the kiss, Lexa kissed the shorter girl's forehead before leaving to her camp.

Once she reached her camp, she sat down on the ground, remembering Clarke once more. Thinking of what could've been possibly going on the Ark.