Sample Size

Stephen-

I stood with soaking wet hair and my heart in my hands for the world to see as I gazed at the man I fell in love with

I stood with soaking wet hair and my heart in my hands for the world to see as I gazed at the man I fell in love with. His hands tightly wound at his side and face laced with confusion. He never saw it, never saw how deeply I cared for him until now. It wasn't until I poured my soul out to him on his wedding day, in the middle of the ceremony had he notice how deep my love was.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know how to be any more clear than I am in this moment, I love you Stephen." The worlds flew out of my mouth like vomit and the look on Zara's face was priceless. She never really cared for me and with me being here ruining her wedding, I guess I could see why.

"Quinn, I-I.." It felt like hours until he responded but his words didn't do much for my aching heart. The crowd waited with wide eyes as the scene played out in front of them. It was the prefect cliche. Just as the happy couple was to be married the strung-out on love best friend burst through the door to confess her feelings. If this wasn't my life, I'd be laughing my ass off.

"Quinn, I'm flattered but I love Zara. She's the one I plan to spend the rest of my life with.." Stephen spoke with such certainty, certainty that wasn't there two days ago when he came to my apartment drunk and practically begging to get between my legs. A few people seated in the neatly decorated pews cooed at his sweet confession, I on the other hand crumbled to dust. My heart was ripped from my very being and I couldn't help the few stray tears that escaped my eyes.

Nodding I quickly pivoted my foot and made a beeline to the big double doors of the church. Once outside, the wind whipped my messy hair from my face and exposed the salty liquid leaking from my face. The intense feeling of heartbreak had begun to overwhelm my body. Passing strangers on the sidewalk I kept my head down and let the tears flow freely. Without realizing I bumped into someone who caught my stumbling frame just in the knick of time.

"Didn't go well?" A deep voice called out but I didn't raise my head, I already knew who I'd run into.

"Should've known better.." I sniffled and was brought into a warm hug.

"I tried to tell you.." He spat and brought my body closer to his. Draymond was big on the whole 'I told you so' thing.

Kyrie-