Speculations III

Back in his hotel room Wardell was bored and missing his girl something terrible. So he pulled out his laptop and want to FaceTime her. The computer rang out a few times but she didn't answer, must be busy or something but he still wanted to talk to her. Moving his attention from the laptop to his phone Stephen dials her number up, only to get no reply. Puzzled the man opted to send a text message and hoped that she would get back to him later.

To: Curry Wifey

Hey baby, I've tried calling you a few times but you must be busy. I miss you and need to hear your voice, call me back asap. Love you :)

Wardell smiled at how cheesy he must sound to other who didn't understand how he felt,  but he didn't care. When it came to Lana he just didn't care. Bored now Stephen went to check his twitter account but as soon as his large thumb hovered over the app, Klay called telling him it was time for them to head to dinner.

**

Tonight was game 6 of the NBA finals and it was to be held at the Quicken Loans Arena. Lana and Kyrie sat at his kitchen counter eating a large assortment of fruit for this mornings breakfast. The pair of best friends spent a lot of the time catching up, talking about everything but the Stephen thing. Speaking of Stephen his mother called the women earlier asking her if it was true, had her and Wardell went their separate ways. The elder Curry woman never really took a liking to Lana because of her love for Ayesha. So as you can imagine, Sonya was ecstatic to hear the news of their impending doom. And yes, that stung like no other.

"So are you coming to the game to cheer me on?" Kyrie bubbled with excitement, popping a grape in his mouth.

"You're not even playing Ky, your knee is done!" Lana teased, poking Kyrie's chest. The Cleveland point guard had fractured his knee cap in one of the earlier games, ending his post season.

"Well I know but I still want you to be there!" He cooed, grabbing hold of the finger that touched him and pulled Lana forward so that she was leaning over the counter. The two were so close, Kyrie could feel the little puffs of breath that left Lana's lips.

"I really don't think it's a good idea, Stephen's gonna be there and I'm not sure if I can face him yet.." The heartbroken women spoke with honesty. She wasn't sure if her heart could handle it.

"I understand, but I'd still love if you came.. You could sit behind the bench, the boys wanna see you too!" Kyrie trying his hardest to convince his best friend of 11 years. She had doubts, what if Stephen saw her? Would he even give her a second glance? He still thought she was back in California, how would he feel if he saw her there cheering for the other team?

But then again why should she care?

"Kyrie.."

"Please? Pretty please with Jimmy Choo's  on top!" He begged using one of Lana's favorite designers and she chuckles.

"Fine Kyrie, fine!" The 6 foot 3 inch male engulfed Lana in a bone crushing hug holding her body like it was the most precious thing in the world, to him it was. "That's my girl, you're wearing my jersey too!" Kyrie boasted and wiggled them closer together if possible. Both giggling like school children, as they continued to talking about anything and everything that came to mind.

**

The rest of the day had gone by pretty quickly and now it's game time. Stephen was shooting around with Klay, getting his shot together. The two along with Iguodala went back to the locker room to change into their warmups.

"So have you asked her yet?" Klay asked his best friend.

"I haven't even spoken to her yet, let alone seen her!" Steph replied feeling giddy at the thought of his soon to be fiancé.

"Wait, see and spoke to who?" Andre asked ducking his head so he wouldn't hit it on the frame of the door. Being tall came with it's disadvantages.

"Lana to be his wife!" Klay responded for the 27 year old point guard.

"Wait Lana? Aren't you back with Ayesha?"

Both Splash brothers stopped to look at Andre like he grew another head. The 6 foot 6 inch shooting guard gave both men a strange look. "What do you mean Ayesha? I haven't been with her in 5 years.." The hazel green eyed NBA star confirmed.

"Have you been on social media at all lately?" Andre asked while changing his shoes for the second time that evening.

"No not at all actually."

"Well for the past couple days you, Ayesha, and Lana have been a trending topic. I guess someone caught you out with Ayesha and y'all looked pretty in love." This shocked Stephen, he hadn't even realized how that might look or if Lana had seen it. But if she had, she would have said something right? Was she upset? She had to know that Ayesha meant nothing more to him than just a friend right? Stephen scratched his head and got changed heading for the door.

The final minutes of the clock ticked down, letting everyone know it was game time. The Warriors and the Cavs lined up for the national anthem to be sung. Stephen and Klay stood side by side glancing at the flag but Wardell's mind wondered else where. With the news he was given in the locker room, he was feeling a bit distracted. What if Lana was truly upset with him and what she could have seen? The national anthem ended and the Quicken Loans Arena erupted in cheers, soon the Cavs floor was covered in holograms and the fans were getting rowdy. Through the lights Stephen could see little kids clinging to their parents and that warmed his heart, maybe someday he would be the father of a few beautiful children.

**

Tip off time was here and Lana could see Stephen standing in his spot, ready to get the game going. Seeing him made her heart flutter and hurt all at the same time. She wanted nothing more than to run out there and hug him, kiss his lips. But he didn't want her, he wanted Ayesha.

"Hey, you okay?" Kyrie asked softly grazing Lana's cheek in the process. She was sitting right behind the bench which was good, maybe she could blend in with the crowd. Nodding Lana half smiled and grabbed his wrist.

The game started and Klay got the ball behind the three point line and sent it hurling toward the rim. The simple swish that sounded shut the whole arena up only to be replaced with the sound of boo's. Lana sat nervously fiddling with her fingers, yes she wanted the Cavs to win but she also wanted Golden State to win. She was conflicted.

Half time came sooner than expected and everyone was on edge. The Warriors were up two and Stephen wasn't having the best game. Some of his shots were falling but he wasn't being his usual self, he was distracted.

"Yo!" Klay called to Stephen causing him to stop. "Isn't that Lana?" Klay pointed over in her direction to see her sitting there smiling with Kyrie. The two were laughing as Lana showed Kyrie something that was apparently funny enough to have the Cleveland point guard bent over, clutching his stomach.

"Yea it.. It is!" Stephen was hurt that his girlfriend was in Cleveland and hadn't said a word to him, even after he had called and sent text. She wore a Cleveland jersey, more specifically Kyrie's jersey and that made Stephen's blood boil. Sure they were best friends but Lana was his girlfriend. He couldn't even go over to her and speak because he had to go back into the locker room. His eyes lingered on his beautiful girl for a few seconds longer before he had to turn away. He had a game to win.

a/n

So here is part three! I hope you all enjoy it, vote and comment. This book had reached 21,000 reads and I couldn't be happier! I appreciate all the love and support and I hope I can continue to give you all something good to read!

All the love

Kails!