That's horrible. Can that really happen to me? Is that why Ronan was so worried?

Jeez...

I look over at Arie wanting to say something, but she's humming lightly to herself and skimming through the clothes. She clearly wants to drop it. I push past the awkward and tense atmosphere and reach over at a pair of black ripped jeans, "These are cute." I say.

"Yeah, wanna get it?"

"Yeah... My God I'm an idiot. What am I doing? I don't even have any money."

"It's okay. I got you."

"Got me? What? No. You don't-"

"I know I don't have to do it," Arie doesn't bother to listen to my protest, "But I'm telling you don't worry about it, really, it's fine. What's your style."

"...Anything black. And I'll pay you back," I should start looking for a job.

"We'll worry about the imaginary money ypur gunna get later. Are you goth or something?"

I glance at her, "Um no, I just like wearing black. I where color too. Like browns and nudes, grays, whites."

"Ah the essentials basically." She nods as she takes in the information I was sharing.

"Yeah, but my pants are always black."

"Alright so legging and jeans?"

"And shorts. Cotton shorts..."

After bombarding the store, I settle on a few jeans, more than a few cotton shorts, one black legging and one grey, and two black sweatpants. I gathered black and purple tank tops as well. We had gone to get some shoes later and I was more than satisfied with the one pair of boots, sneakers, and flip-flops."

"Oh man, I was so hungry," Arie nearly sobs out in happiness.

I casually sweep my eyes over the food center, packed with different individual stores. I find myself surprised with how similar everything was here to back at home. Only few girls and guys pulled the old jeans and t-shirt outfit, so more people dressed formally than they did casually. I saw quite a few humans, everywhere I went there was at least a couple of Amaranthines, and they were either huddled up together in groups or with a nosferatu. A few said hi to Arie and smiled at me. I tried deciphering them by height. Clearly humans would probably be a bit shorter.

But seeing so many nosfertus kind of overwhelmed me on the other hand.

"Ines. Are you listening to me? What do you want to eat?"

Quickly snapping my head at her then glancing at the options hanging above the tiny store my mouth waters with delight, "Burger," I nearly moan out. Keen to the thought of eating familiar food again.

A good ol' fashion burger...

Arie laughs, "I bet you miss those."

"Hell yeah," I snort.

"I know what you mean. Ronan doesn't have any regular food at home. It's all the fancy stuff which is great and all but..." she makes a face and cringes slightly.

I reach out to touch her arm as I laugh, "Right!"

"Just ask Jerias. He'll bring them. I asked Ronan and he didn't mind."

"Uh excuse me." Someone taps my shoulder. I turn around, tilting my head, my eyes meeting with a pair of warm grey ones.

"Did you say Jerias and Ronan, as in the president and vice president of the Council?"

Who is this man? Is he human? He's shorter than most nosferatus. Does he know Jerias?

"Yes..." I say in an unsure manner because I wasn't aware Jerias and Ronan had such a high status until today, it was still something I trying to wrap my head around after Arie informed me of it. My curiosity melted through I guess and I learned that Jerias was apparently the head of the Council that keeps order to the life of a Nosferatu's. He took the role when he was only seventeen having to quickly replace his father's position, he was, after all, next in line for it. Ronan, who was a good five years older than him was second in position, and he was the only help Jerias had at the fragile time. Since Jerias had no clue how to run a whole society at the brimming age of seventeen Ronan had been the one to guide Jerias which was the bud of their friendship.