I breath in forgetting to breath out. Suddenly too shocked to speak. Is this what they do here? Is there no chill? No 'hey how's the weather?' It's 'oo blood let me feed. Grr! Know your place!'

"Come now love," he leans forward and immediately I retreat, "Don't be so shy. Tell me your name. You're very beautiful, in fact," he adds as if to be playful, "I feel like I've seen that pretty face of yours before."

Yeah... I doubt that. And if you have, that's super creepy.

Arie scuffs, "Yeah right? But hey? Maybe. After all she's been here for sometime now so..." When the man raises an irritated and confused brow Arie gives him a sweet smile, "You didn't know?" Arie's voice carries a coldness that makes me nearly flinch, "Ines here is staying at Mr. Ermanno's," she raises a daring eyebrow.

"The council's head?" He stands upright abruptly, "Why are you staying there?"

I look down careful not to trip stepping off the escalator, "Uh- um b-because I'm his-"

"She's his Amaranthine." Arie cruises into the sentence for me. Crossing her arm she stands in front of me almost protectively.

He glances at Arie then me, "So it is true then..." Nodding his head once he steps back except Arie steps forward with crossed arms and unwavering eyes that emulated how pissed she was right now.

"And since I don't seem to 'know my place'," She quotes with her fingers, "Maybe next time you should ask Ronan what it is for me."

The man lids widen as if he's just made a realization, then lowers just as quickly when he looks away from Arie awkwardly.

"Maybe I can ask him for you? Hm, sounds good."

"No..." He makes a gruff sound as he clear his throat, "That won't be necessary." A short smile, "Good day ladies." Turning away from Arie he finalizes his goodbye, "Let Ronan know I share my greetings with him. And the Head as well of course," he tells me.

I want to tell him I don't know his name but instead I just let him leave. And head? Head of what?

"What was that?" I ask Arie as we move on as well.

"That? That was another thing to be careful for..." she runs a stressful hand down her pretty face and placed her hands down heavily on my shoulder. She pulls me in and rolls her eyes breathing in, "The first time I came here everything went great. I thought I knew it all. Time went by and I got too comfortable." Now letting me go we make are we to a store, but she stops walking suddenly and turns back around to face me.

I see pants in the view behind her, "If it wasn't for Ronan finding me just at the right time, I would've been raped." Arie crosses her arm then taps her finger repetitively on her elbow.

Gasping lightly I move in closer to her, "What?"

"We're humans..." She shrugs, "They'd onto always like us and they think they're better. I mean yeah, not everyone is like that. But you always have to be careful. Women play schemes, and men play mean. Sometime you gotta to be hard and cold to the people you meet. Sometimes."

Turning around she enters the store, "Unless they're Amaranthine though you don't have to worry at all. Same boat and all, feel me?"

"Right..." My voice trails, "That's insane though. What happened?" I question with genuine concern.

"Well... it started out light, like with what just happened now," She picks out a pair of jeans and ask me my size. I tell her seven and she continues, "And I was naive. So feeling flattered by such compliments I lead it on. I'm a flirt. What can I say? But anyway, I knew a line was being crossed a some point, so I respectfully declined any other advances. That man then got rough girl." She gives me a look as if she still couldn't believe it happened, "It wasn't bad. It just shocked me because I'm not a weakling. I took boxing classes for fourteen years. But he was strong Ines. All noferatus are, literally leaves us so vulnerable. It was like... a butterfly fighting a wolf." She laughs it off lightly, but I can tell it was a disturbing experience for her.