12. The marvelous life of Regina George

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, so, Lilith?" 

"No one will recognize that. Only you're the one crazy about them. You'll just wear white contacts. Not a big clue, you know?" 

"Hey, everyone knows about Supernatural, Blair," I announced, and then continued,"But I see your point regarding no one recognizing that."

We started to think, hard; very hard. And that was when an idea popped in my head.

"How about Madeline?" I spoke cheerfully, jumping up and down again.

"Who's Madeline?" Jess asked. 

She didn't remember who Madeline was? 

We all were very young when we first watched that cartoon. It was normal to forget things. But your favorite cartoon as a kid? Madeline was Jess's favorite show growing up. Poor Madeline!

"Your favorite cartoon, Jess. You forgot?" Blair widened her eyes at Jess. 

Of course, it was a moment of shock for not remembering your childhood buddies from the T.V but Blair was overreacting with that taken aback expression.

She was the queen of Overreaction Land. She overreacted all the time. One day, when we went to the ice cream shop and the guy gave the wrong flavor to Blair, she overreacted again with her wide open eyes. She screamed at the poor guy loudly and he kicked us away. I didn't even get my ice cream, all thanks to Blair.

"I'm so going to dress up like Madeline. That little French school uniform would look great. Plus, it would be easy on the eye," I announced.

***

I went to Sage's room and knocked on her door. The reason for coming there was to ask her to tag along with me as dad said we both should carpool. 

My environmental friendly dad!

She opened her door and there she was, in a white shirt and jeans. No costume?

"Sage, where's your costume?" I asked.

"Look, there is a pumpkin on it." She replied in an obvious sense. 

Why didn't I think of that?
Clever, inexpensive and easy to find with a hint of humor.

"That's great, but no efforts? Come on, Sagie, it's Halloween."

"I don't care. I'm not dressing up in that kind of thing," she said while pointing at my outfit. I was wearing a navy blue plain dress, white socks with black shoes, a red bow tie and a yellow hat, just like Madeline did.

"This thing is perfect. Now go and change. Costumes are compulsory at Halloween parties."

"Urgh, okay." 

She closed her door and went inside to change. Jason invited Sage as well. They both knew each other by their English class as Jason was senior as well.

Why was that almost every person I knew was a senior?

After around ten minutes, Sage came back out with her costume. She was dressed as Elastic girl from The Incredibles, though her costumes wasn't that tight. She was just wearing the upper part of the costume and as the lower part, she was wearing her jeans. At least, she had her mask on.

"Let's go, Elastic girl."

"Don't ever call me that," Sage ordered. I chuckled and went to my car with my super heroine sister.

*****

"Hey, Jade. You made it," Jason exclaimed from behind us.