Chapter Three | Annie

Today was a Monday. I got all ready for gym, and in the car. I hate my cuts, but at the same time, love them. It felt so good, the pain rippling through my body.

Note: DO NOT CUT YOURSELF IT WILL NOT FEEL GOOD I JUST ADD IT TO THE STORY FOR DRAMA / EXCITEMENT!!

I hate them because mommy forgot to do the washing, so I have to long sleeves leos. Hopefully no one will notice.

At the gym
Katie runs up to me and hugs me, super tight.
Katie: Hey Annie!
Me: Hi Katie.
Katie: Lets go in, looks like our moms are having a long boring chat.
Me: Haha ok sure.
Katie: What's that on your arm? It looks sore.
Me: Oh, they're just some dog scratches from when they jumped up to me.
Katie: Well, that's some pretty bad dog scratches. More like an army of cats..
I nervously laugh.
Katie: You know, Annie, you can tell me anything. Like if it really is dog scratches, even if you haven't told anyone else.
Does she know? How??? I wish I could tell her she's right.
Me: Katie, it really is..
I hesitate
Me: Dog scratches. I'll tell you the story at break.
I wink at her a I say 'the story'. I chuckle, but she looks worried. Coach Mary spots us from inside, but Katie drags me away from anyone in the car park. She stares at my icy brown eyes.
Katie: Annie, this is serious. I've seen the comments on your families vlogs. You won't say it to my face, but I know you have been doing it. I had a friend a while back who did it, and it looked exactly like that. It didn't end well. You need to tell someone, and I'll be here for you if the someone's me.
Me: No, Katie, it's not, it's, ok then. I used scissors. Hayley saw a red mess and I told her it was a science experiment. She saw the scars and I said it was the dogs.
I start crying, but continue my explanation.
Me: I do it because the fans and my own sister want me to and it feels good like I'm pleasing so many people and myself and I did a musical.ly and people saw it and..
Katie: Hayley wants you to do it?!Annie thats just what the fans say! Hayley loves you she only has you since..
Coach Mary: Girls! No time for chit chat! Get inside!
We both look up at the entrance, as Mary see's my cold tears stream down my face, and sees Katie's stricken expression, as well and her fear for me.
Coach Mary: Sorry, girls. Annie? What's wrong?
Katie covers for me.
Katie: Oh, um, she cut herself and..
I stare at her, and stop crying. That's not covering for me. That's not being a good friend. That's called, plain disrespectful!
Coach Mary: Oh no! I saw the comments too!
Suddenly, my mom joins the drama.
Mommy: Annie! You cut yourself? What comments?!?!
I run off behind the building. Mommy, and Katie are crying. What has my best friend done.