Chapter 4: Trusting Family

Sean got home and wasn’t in trouble either as Pixie waved goodbye “See you tomorrow!”

She followed Han home and climbed into her couch of a bed and fell into a deep sleep. 

“Pix wake up” someone hissed in her ear only two hours later.

“What the fuck?” She groaned bolting up in bed. “What’s wrong?”

“It’s Sean” Han sighed. “He’s in trouble”.

“What did he do this time?” Pixie gasped shoving on her boots.

“He pissed off Takashi really badly” Han explained giving her a jacket to wear over her Pj’s. “He’s on his way and Takashi’s following him so we gotta be ready”.

“I’m gonna kill him” she snapped then car wheels squealed and they leaned over the railing to see Sean and Neela jumping out.

“What the hell did you to?!” Pixie shouted running down the steps.

“Nothing, Takashi wouldn’t let Neela out of the game so she came to me and you can guess the rest” Sean replied throwing his hands in the air. “But he’s coming after Han though, he doesn’t care about Neela”.

I looked at Han and for the first time he looked scared “I thought I covered my tracks” he whispered.

“Han, what did you do?” Pixie asked worriedly walking up the stairs towards him.

“I didn’t steal the cars I gave you” he sighed. “I’ve been stealing money from Takashi”.

“Han, you know that is one of the ten rules of stealing” Pixie returned the sigh.

“We need to go now” Neela explained snapping them out of their family moment.

“Girl, family meeting here” Pixie snapped. “Han, we have to make this right or our family is gonna lose a brother”.

“I know but I can’t think of anything” Han replied just as Takashi and a few others came roaring in. "You'll just have to trust me". 

“You are a fucking asshole” he spat at Han once he got down the steps. “You think you can steal money from me?”

“You weren’t using it!” Pixie shouted from the top of the stairs. “What’s the point of having it there if you’re not gonna use it?”

“Pixie, let me handle this” Han whispered making her falter as she came down beside Sean. “The girl has a point and besides I only took out what you owed me”.

Takashi glared and they knew that was their queue to scram they ran to their cars as Takashi and the others began shooting them and one of almost got Pixie’s as she opened her door.

They raced off in the opposite direction and tried to find a way out of the city but soon enough Takashi caught up with them; Pixie clipped the edge of the dude’s car in front of her and he spun off hitting a power pole now it was Takashi’s turn. It was Han versus him as they turned around tight corners and along straights.

Pixie though they had a chance until Takashi clipped Han as he slipped through a tight corner and Han’s car flipped over twice before landing on its roof. 

Pixie and Sean pulled the brakes and ran out. “Han!” Pixie screamed as she ran to him but Sean stopped him as he pointed to the fuel that was leaking and then Han saw the flames.

“Han… no!” Pixie squealed again as the flames reached the fuel and the car bursted into flames.

Pulling Pixie to her car Sean pushed her in as Takashi turned around and zipped towards them. They led him to Sean’s dad house who stood outside just as Sean, Neela and Pixie rolled up with Takashi seconds behind them.

“You will pay too” Takashi hissed at Sean pulling out a gun just as Paul and Pixie pulled out theirs.

“I wouldn’t push it kid” Paul growled. “Walk away before you end lying on the floor”.

“Do it, Takashi because if you don’t” Pixie whispered icily. “You’ll join Han”.

Takashi gulped and stalked off. Pixie leaned against her car letting the tears go. “He’s… gone” she cried. “Han’s gone”.

“What happened?” Paul asked as Sean wrapped his arms around Pixie’s shaking shoulders.  

“I’m sorry dad” Sean sighed. “I did the opposite of what you said”.

“I understand that Han Lue was more than just a friend to you” he replied looking at Pixie. “He was family, Sean, you better fix this”.

 “Han intrusted me to help you” Pixie looked up at Sean. "He can't help anymore so now it's up to me and gang”.  

"If you need anything" Paul added. "Anything at all... just give me a shout but I think this little lady's got you covered". 

"Thanks, I'm... glad to hear that" Pixie smiled slightly. Sean and Neela went inside while Paul had a chat with Pixie. 

"I was wrong about you and your friends" he sighed. "Now I realize that this is how you people have to life your lives to get what you need". 

"Just like you" Pixie replied. "You work too, to pay your bills I do this because I can't live a normal life because of my own father". 

"Sean's told me about that" Paul nodded. "If you ever need a place to stay if here in Japan, my couch is free and my garage has room". 

"After here I'm thinking of going back to where I belong" Pixie explained. "But I'll that in mind but... Han's gone and he was just doing what he had to, to get by". 

"Han Lue may not have been the best role modal for both you and Sean but by the sound of that; he seemed protective of the two of you" Paul concluded. “Sean considers you as a friend and I respect that because he’s never had friends that are just like him”.

“Are like him how?” She frowned.

“Sean despite being naïve and reckless he does have values” Paul sighed. “I think he needed someone with the same values to remind him he has got something to fight for”.

“I never thought of it that before” Pixie replied. “I’ve had to fight for everything I had since I ran away from home to help save mum… but now that she’s gone…I don’t understand why I keep fighting”.

“You’ve got family” Paul explained. “Your brother and father may have turned their back on you but you found a new family; one worth fighting for”.

“I guess that makes sense” the teenager smiled. The cop returned the smile and led her inside. 

Cornered: Book 2 of Fast and FuriousOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara