Chapter 3: Alafan and the Daonei People

Comincia dall'inizio

"Who's attacking you?"  Lucy asked, standing up now.

Alafan looked at Lucy particularly.  "By our enemies, the Black Horsemen."

"The..."  Happy started.

"...Black Hoursemen?"  Natsu finished, in awe.

Alafan nodded.  "Come, friends.  I shall explain everything to you back at the royal."

-------------------------- ♦ Fαιяу тαιℓ : Lєgєηd of тнє Fαllєη ♦ --------------------------

As everyone entered the city, they all stared in awe.  Alafan was a little ways ahead of them, since the Fairy Tail guild members were taking their time taking everything in.  Everyone was in awe; after all this was the first city on a floating island they'd all been to.

Lucy looked at the cobblestoned walkways that led through the country side, and to quaint little tan colored and cemented cottages.  A group of little kids in robes ran past them, one having red hair while the other two had black colored hair.  But what amazed the guildmates was that they were playing with magic, which was a yellow light that had transformed itself into a glowing gold butterfly.  It made a jingling noise as it flew by with the kids, like the sound of chimes.  Lucy wad mostly captivated by the magic, and stared in awe, once again having that nostalgic feeling.

"Hey, Lucy!"  Happy exclaimed excitedly.  "That looks like your magic!"

Lucy flinched, and her eyes widened when she realized Happy was right.  It did look like her magic.  Celestial magic.

But that was impossible...right?

Alafan, without the others noticing, was watching Lucy from his prepheral vision.  When he finally turned away, they went ahead and along the walkway.  Lucy looked up in the distance and stared at the castle's malevolence; she could only imagine what it looked like inside.

Alafan began.  "We, the Sky People, have resided here for centuries.  Our former name, however, is Daonei.  Our goddess, Miss Alys, who is the Goddess of Celestial Beings is whom we worship upon.  She saved us in the first war, so long ago."

"War...?"  Lucy murmured, stopping in her tracks.

Alafan nodded.  "The first war, known as the war of the Horsemen and the Bright Sun, was disastrous.  Thousands--maybe even millions--of lives were lost.  It was a devastating event for us Daonei people.  However, our great hero Alys saved us, by sacrificing herself to put an end to the war and bringing peace."

"But now that peace is going to be disrupted, isn't it?"  Gray asked as they stopped at the opening of the castle.

Alafan turned to face them and nodded.  "Yes, that is correct."

"What's it got to do with us, though?"  Natsu bluntly asked, curious.

Alafan scanned his over the group of mages.  "The Horsemen have return, and are claiming revenge.  We've been waiting for our hero again."

"Hero?"  Lucy asked, in awe.

"How do you know Alys has returned?"  Erza asked, understanding.

"See for yourself."  Alafan replied, pushing open the doors to the castle.

Everyone looked surprised, but they had to block their eyes as light poured from the opening doors.  Air seemed to flow past them, making their hair fly around wildly before settling back against their shoulders.  Natsu removed his hand from his eyes, up front with Lucy.

"L-Look at that..."  Charle murmured.

Everyone stared in awe as the light cleared, which had resulted from sun rays pouring in from the glass roof.  The room was a giant lobby, with a square display in the middle of the room.  There were two grand staircases to the left and right, which led up to the upper floors, Lucy guessed.  There wasn't anybody currently around, and Lucy bet it was because so many people were outside in the village.  When Lucy took a closer look at the display as they walked in, she gasped when she noticed a large staff raised up inside.