Chapter 2 : The man in the woods

I lived there for days, each day I cleaned the cottage, the living room , the master bedroom, the front porch, the kitchen and the front yard. I watered the garden each day too, it was great, I felt at peace there, like I belonged there.

I was doing my daily chores as usual, washed the clothes, the dishes and swept the floors, a sound was heard from the forest. I wasn't scared or anything, why would I be afraid, I have superhuman powers after all. I acted as if it was nothing dangerous, the sound got louder, it sounded as if something was approaching me.

I looked at the area where the sound was coming from, I looked at it intently and saw a silhouette of a man, I wonder if it was the owner of this cottage house. The sound got louder and louder, I held my broom and at last, a man emerged from the forest. He looked quite messy, his clothes were all covered in dirt and a bit of blood was seen, he even had an injured leg which could explain why he made very loud noises. When he saw me, he mouthed to me saying a simple word, " help me."

I grabbed him when he fell down, I carried him to the cottage house and lied him down on my bed. I took a small towel, dampened it in a bucket of water and cleaned all the cuts he had.

I tried to clean the wound on his leg, as I cleaned his leg, he woke up in a distressed state, he grabbed my wrist and looked at me with a stare on his face, he said, " who are you?"

I pulled my wrist and he let go of it, I said, " This is how you say thank you to the person who saved your life?"

He snorted and looked to the side, he crossed his arms and said, " I was in a desperate situation, I called out for help because that was the only way to survive, so who are you?"

I laughed mockingly and said, " I don't tell strangers my name and since you're all well and kicking, you can go and leave here, I didn't want to help you anyways."
I stood up and went to the kitchen , I leaned back to the counter, I rubbed my forehead and said," to think I was kind enough to even help that jerk, I didn't ask for company anyways, It's almost night time, I better get dinner ready."

I cooked soup for dinner, the first dish I made when I first came, deer meat soup with vegetables , I picked out some apples early this morning at the lakeside and made juice from it so I have apple juice to drink. I managed to do all this because I used to help my mom cook and I think my new abilities have increased my knowledge in cooking.

I knocked the door to my master bedroom and went inside, from the looks of it, the man before didn't move at all, he was staring out the window, he looked at me when he noticed I was staring at him. "

Dinner's ready if you want to eat, if you're worried that I've put poison in your food then you can starve to death, it's none my concern if you're dead or not", I said to him.

He raised an eyebrow to me trying to give me a sign that he is having trouble with his wounded leg. I sighed in exasperation and said," You need help with your wounded leg that you can't even walk on your own and the fact that you're too high and mighty you can't even tell it to me straight that you're downright helpless."

He coughed and put on a mocking facial expression that I got a bingo answer. I looked at him and smiled, " You should have thought of that before you acted all arrogant and I would have been kind enough to bring your food here but since you were too independent with yourself, I think my help would be just a waste of my time ,I'll see you in the dining area."

I walked out and as I was reaching the door, he shouted and said in annoyance," Wait! Alright fine, I need your help with this damn leg and I'm sorry for being rude when you tried to help me, can you please bring me something to eat because I'm starving."