Moonlit Confession

"I'm really feeling it!" You heard him call out as he backslashed Charizard, launching him off the stage. The crowd went wild. Shulk smiled proudly as he put his Monado on his back. Once again, he was the winner. Nobody was surprised- he was one of the best fighters.

You jumped up and cheered as loud as you could. Shulk was your absolute favorite among all of the smash fighters, mostly because he was a good friend of yours. But there was another reason. You had a massive crush on him.

When you first met him, you found him really cute. You didn't think he would grow on you much. But after talking to him more, you clicked really well, and he turned out to be one of the sweetest and most interesting people you had ever met. Slowly, you realized that you had fallen in love with him. You had been hiding your feelings from him for a while, however. You never knew when you were going to tell him because deep down, you feared that he wouldn't return the affection and didn't want to feel that kind of heartbreak.

After the match ended, you went to go and congratulate him back at the mansion. It was nighttime, and the stars were just beginning to peep out in the blackness of the sky. You walked into the main hall and made your way upstairs, looking for him. You eventually found him sitting in one of the living rooms.

"Hey, Shulk." you said.

He turned his head and smiled. "Hi, (y/n)."

"Congratulations on winning the match. You did a really good job, as always." you said, walking over to the chair near him and sitting on the armrest.

"Ah, thanks." He blushed a little and looked at you, nervously.

As you both sat in silence, you saw him moving around in his seat and tapping his fingers, almost as if he was anxious about something.

"Are you alright?" you asked.

Shulk looked at you and blushed. "(y/n), could you follow me? I'd like to tell you something."

Your heart skipped a beat. What could it be? Was it bad? He got up out of his seat and walked out of the room with you following close behind him. You were both silent. The whole way, your head was buzzing, trying to predict what he was going to say. You wondered what could be so important he had to take you somewhere else to tell you. Shulk lead you downstairs and down the hall, all the way out to the gardens. It was your favorite part of the mansion. The flowers were beautiful, and it was quiet and peaceful. Sometimes, walking through them made you feel like a princess.
Nothing could be heard except the crunching of your feet against the stones and the soft chirping of the crickets. The full moon shone brightly, illuminating your surroundings so that they almost seemed to glow in the darkness of the night. You followed Shulk to an area of the garden where a bench sat facing a tall fountain. The moonlight made the water sparkle like a sea of diamonds, and there was a delicate aroma of flowers in the air.

He motioned for you to sit down next to him on the bench, and you did. Nervously rubbing your hands together in your lap, you looked up at Shulk, who was shyly looking at you, too. His bright blue eyes shone mysteriously in the darkness. You felt yourself blush. It was the perfect romantic scene, almost like something out of a movie or a book, and something inside you wanted it to last forever.

Your heart was fluttering with anticipation, so much so that you spoke up in the silence. "What is it?" you said quietly.

Shulk took a deep breath. "(y/n), this is something I've been wanting to tell you for a long time."

He gently took your hands in his, making you gasp a little. He looked deep into your (e/c) eyes.

"I... I love you."

You had no idea what to say. Your mouth was agape for a moment, then you started to giggle as you felt happy tears form in your eyes. Acting entirely out of shock and excitement, you dove forward and hugged Shulk, who was stunned for a second, but then squeezed you back tightly, the two of you in a giggling heap. Neither of you expected for the other to return the affection. You had never felt so happy in your life.

You pulled back and looked at him again, wiping a tear from your eye. "I love you too, Shulk."

He still had his arms around you tightly, as if he never wanted to let you go. He pulled you closer to him.

"You have no idea... how badly I've been wanting to hear that."

Slowly, he leaned in to kiss you. His lips were soft and wet, and you melted into him, wrapping your arms around his neck. You felt him run his hands down your back, sending tingles down your spine. His lips moved delicately against yours, wanting to feel everything.

You broke free from Shulk, needing air. As soon as you both caught your breath, you dove right back in, more passionately this time. His tongue curiously grazed your lips, and you parted them to let him in. He wasn't rough, but you could tell he was anxious to explore you. You grunted a little and moved your hand to the back of his head, pulling at his hair a little to let him know you wanted more.

Shulk broke free once again, lowering his gaze at you to give you a dirty look. "Should we... take this inside?"

You smiled and lifted your hand from his head to curl your finger under his chin.

"Take me away, Monado boy."

Ooh, it's getting good~ should I continue this? Let me know ;3