“You were afraid to tell me” he continued, sounding surprised.

                I nodded, unable to speak.

                “You dumbass! I would never treat you any different, I don’t care if you’re claimed or not. You’ll always be my best bud” he told me, pulling away and punching my shoulder lightly.

                I couldn’t do anything but smile. I felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.

                “I really am sorry”

                “I guess I can understand but don’t make it a habit, I’ve got important things to tell you and it’s hard to do when you’re avoiding me” he jabbed my side with his elbow playfully.

                “I won’t do it again, promise. Now what are these important things that you need to tell me?” I asked raising my eyebrow in curiosity.

                “I’ve met a girl” is all he said.

                My eyes widened. Fevah has never been a huge fan of relationships, I couldn’t get why and we never really talked about things like that so it has always been taboo to see Fevah in a real relationship, sure, he’s had his flings but he never really came to me about anyone so this girl must be special. My smile grew and I wiggled my eyebrows teasingly at him.

                “Really? How long have you guys been dating? What’s her name? Is she from your school?” I hounded him, all the while grinning.

                “Yes, I met her at school. Her name is Isra but here’s the thing…she’s not really into me” an apprehensive look suddenly crossed his face.

                “Why not?”

                “Well, I’m not really her type” he said, dragging his words.

                He was leading up to something, I could tell so I played along and asked what he seemed to be waiting on me to ask.

                “And her type would be?”

                “Monsters, because Isra is a monster and I know we’re suppose to be against them and all that but it’s just something about her…I just can’t stay away” he looked to me, waiting on my reaction.

                My mouth dropped open. Was he serious? He wanted to seriously date a monster? I had had no choice in the matter but he is willingly choosing to go after one. My brain was so scattered, I couldn’t process it. Fevah, my best friend since forever, wanted to date a monster; beings we had always shied away from and never really accepted. Woah.

                “Okay” I manage to get out.

                He exhales loudly like he had been waiting for my response before he allowed himself another breath.

                “I know it’s weird and shit but I just… I don’t know, she’s really interesting and different and I just really really like her, okay?” he said, talking fast.

                I nodded.

                “Alright, whatever makes you happy” I shrug.

                I was in no position to judge, at all. I couldn’t deny that Teddy had somehow wormed his way into my life and affected me in the most peculiar way. Just thinking about him and what I had just been through saddened me to the point that I was surprised. I hadn’t noticed how much power Teddy had over me and my emotions until now.