Chapter 3: Morning Trouble

Harry P.O.V.

I shifted and blinked my eyes. Looking up at the strange ceiling, I bit my lip. Slipping from the bed, I tiptoed out of the room looking around. Walking down the tiny hallway, I peeked into the open room and gasped at the sight of a blonde boy laying in bed. Backing  away, I whimpered and sniffed. Walking in the opposite direction, I came to a kitchen and living room. Sighing softly, I dragged a chair over to the stove and began to search for breakfast materials. Working diligently, I made an easy breakfast of eggs, bacon, toast and fruit. Setting out plates, forks, knives and jam, I smiled.

Scrambling the eggs, I didn't notice the men entering the room. "Mr. Potter!" I yelped slipping sideways on the chair. I grabbed for a handhold and screamed as my hand hit the burner. A loud cry came from down the hallway and rushed footsteps came towards me. I slowly stood up blinking back tears at the pain in my arm and back, while keeping my head down.

Draco P.O.V.

I was awoken by an earsplitting yell. Bolting upright, I raced to Harrys' room and screamed. Racing towards the kitchen, I froze at the sight of my father and godfather who looked astounded. I felt my eyes widen at the sight of the perfectly made breakfast. I looked at my father and godfather, who just nodded to the tiny boy standing beside the counter. "Harry." I quickly stepped towards him but he flinched away. "Raven." He turned towards me but didn't lift his head. "Raven, look at me." Ever so slowly his head lifted and he met my worried gaze. "Y-yes?" I gently drew him into my arms and held him to me. "Are you okay?" "Yes." He said hesitating slightly. I raised an eyebrow and drew back. Scanning him from head to foot, I noted how he shifted his right hand behind him a bit and leaned more on his left leg then on his right. "No lying to me Raven. Are you hurt?" He bit his lip and I sighed. "Where Raven?" "I'm fine." He said softly. Rolling my eyes, I sat down and lifted his right arm. Pushing back the pajama sleeves and turning his arm, I saw the red burn. Looking him square in the eyes, I smirked "Not hurt eh? Looks like a nasty burn. Where else Raven?" "My back." The words were a mere whisper. "He landed on his back when he fell from the chair." My father said reminding me that both he and my godfather stood in the doorway. "Come on Raven, let's get you fixed up." "No." He shook his head "I'm not finished yet." "You don't have to make breakfast Raven. That's the job for someone older than you." "I don't? But......" "Never mind." I rolled my eyes "Go get dressed and I'll find something to calm the burn." "Okay." He disappeared back down the hallway.

Harry P.O.V.

I entered the room I woke up in. Looking around, I blinked slowly. Moving pictures and moving toys. Shaking my head, I rubbed my eyes and felt the tears finally fall down my cheeks. Moving past the bed to the wardrobe, I opened it to find all sorts of clothes my size. Biting my lip, I reached out but immediately drew my hand back. Closing my eyes, I quickly closed the door and threw myself onto the bed letting the tears fall without restraint.

I lost track of how long I cried until a warm hand settled on my back. "What's wrong child?" "Nufin." My voice was muffled by the pillow. "Why didn't you get dressed?" "Nufin to wear." "All your clothes are in the wardrobe." The voice said gently. Pushing my face out of the pillow I looked up at the man with black hair. "Dey mine? Weally?" I accidentally slipped into the lisp I'd been told to get rid of. "Why did you think they weren't yours? Didn't your aunt and uncle make sure your dressers were full?" "Whats' a dwesser? I swept in a cubbawd unner de stairs. I neber got new cwothes." "I glanced up and bit my lip at the anger in his gaze. Curling up I felt more tears fall down my face. "I sowwy! I sowwy! Don hit me!" "I won't hit you." He said gently. He pulled he into his arms and hugged me tightly. "Let's get you dressed okay....Raven?" I looked up at him and nodded shyly. "What do you want to wear?" "Gween and....um....Siber! No...Bwack! No no.....uh...I no no!" I bit my lip but he just laughed and ruffled my hair. "How about all three?" "Yea!" I smiled before rubbing my eyes again. "Raven? Do your eyes hurt?" "Yes sir." 'Call me Severus." "Dey weally weally huwt Sev'us." I heard him sigh before he knelt and placed something on my face "That better." Everything became a little clearer but my eyes still hurt. "Yeah." I said immediately smiling widely. "Raven? Is it really helping?" My smile vanished and I shook my head "No. Not weally. Just a wittle bit." "Alright, guess you need a trip to the hospital wing?" "Hopitaw win? Wat dat? Whewe awe we? Dis isn't aunt Tuna an Unca Vewnon house?" "This is Hogwarts. A magic school." My head snapped up to look at him "Magic is weal?" "Yes. It is as real as you and I?" "But...why am I hewe. I don't know magic. I just Harry." "You a wizard Harry." "So I not nowmal?" "Your normal. But your also special." "So aunt and unca wewe wong? I not a fweak?" "No. You are not a freak. Do not let me hear you say that word again." "Yes Sev'us. I pwomise. Neber gain."