11. It is raining cats and dogs, or maybe jerks too

Start from the beginning

"Now shut up and tell me why you did so or I'll come upstairs and push you off the roof."

"Calm your horses, Tuna. You asked for it" he announced , shrugging his shoulders at my question.

"What did I even do?" I screamed, then adding to my words when I heard his nickname for me again,"And put an end to your senseless nicknames."

I didn't even like Tuna!

"Aw, but I like the Tuna nickname. Never mind, let's call you Jellyfish from now." Ryan exclaimed cheerfully. What is wrong with this idiot?

"Fine, I am coming to push you off the roof now."

"Wait, you want to know why I did this? This is your reward for leaving me with your sister alone."

I knew that he wasn't going to spare me away from it. I was well aware of the fact he could jump in my track anytime and do something unexpected. But I didn't expect him to do something like that; in front of a gym, by pouring a bucket full of water over me during an October evening. Great.

"I was just trying to give you kids some alone time to get to know each other." I replied innocently.

"Kids? We both are older than you. And that was a terrible move, Jade."

"No, it wasn't. It was effective."

"What makes you think that it was effective in any ways, Jade? I dropped Sage home right after you bailed on us. You deserved what you got, Jade." He said and disappeared.

"Hey. Come back here, you moron." I screamed as I stomped by feet on the ground.

A few people stopped to stare at me. Of course, I was shouting at the empty roof.

"Um, hello! I hope you have a healthy day at the gym. Go burn down some calories" I said awkwardly to the 'staring people' and ran home.

I reached home with my drenched clothes and damp hair, shaking like Popples, Blair's little kitten.

"Is it raining outside?" Marie asked with curiosity as she ran to me with a towel in her hands.

"Yeah, it's raining cats and dogs, and maybe jerks too." I exclaimed angrily as my teeth chattered together due to the coldness and discomfort of the clothes sticking to my body.

_
_

"Hey, Beautiful." A voice whispered from behind while I stood in a line at the cafeteria.
I turned around my head and came face to face with Aiden. Such a long time.

"Hi, Aiden. How are you?" I asked while stepping forward toward the food counter again.

"I am great. How about you?"

"Same here. Anyways, where have you been lately? I haven't seen you in ages." I stated. It had been a long time since I saw that gorgeous face of his.

"I was right here, Jade, but you were too busy with that bastard." Aiden muttered. From the corner of my eyes, I could sense anger fluming from his ears. With the way his jaw clenched, I instantly knew who he was referring to.

"You are spending too much time with him, Jade. He's a living invitation to danger."

"It isn't like that, Aiden. I used to have the same perception of Ryan earlier just like you, but as I got to know him better, I discovered a brand new side of him. He isn't a bad person."

He groaned at my words, probably being pissed off by my sudden support to Ryan.

"Leave it. Ryan will be the last topic to talk about when I am with you. We can talk about many other things. Like how beautiful you look today." Aiden replied with his million dollar smile. Could he be any more of a charmer?