"Uh, bro, about that. . ." Ryan began, making me freeze in my tracks, turning back around to face him. I shot him a warning look, telling him he better not tell me what I didn't want to hear, and disagree with, embarrassing his fucking cousin before our faces. He chose to ignore it. "Could Blake maybe tag along for the day? He came here because he's making short films of the city and he's staying here alone for a week."

"Sure," I agreed with a hard tone, gritting my teeth in the process as I kept my eyes strained on my best friend. I honestly don't mean to put him under such difficult position but I had Beth on my hands either, and I don't want painful memories of her past washing over her once again. "But we're leaving first thing in the morning for Guatemala tomorrow so I hope he doesn't mind."

"Great! That's not a problem," Blake grinned, sending an appreciative nod my way. "It means a lot, man. Thanks."

Without another word said, I spun around like the real gentleman I am before walking forward, as pissed as the motherfucking depth of hell. How is Beth going to take this? That question kept resurfacing on my mind whenever I tried pushing it away. I drew in a deep breath before exhaling loudly,  glaring at everyone damned person that looked at me as I walked past them, behind my sunglasses.

Reaching the entrance of the airport, I turned around for a brief moment, "Ryan, you're with me behind. Blake, passenger seat." Ryan nodded, and so did Blake as the both of them went behind the car, placing their every heavy baggages in the trunk. I joined Beth in the car who was playing games on her phone.

"Hey, Justin, can we order take in tonight?" She asked, leaning into me when I protectively threw an arm around her shoulders. I had no idea what she was playing, but I pretended to look at the screen of her phone as I patiently waited for Blake to get in, in about five. . .

Four. . .

Three. . .

Two. . .

One.

Beth lost the game the moment Blake slid onto the passenger seat, and I inched my face closer to the now pouting Beth, giving her a peck on the cheek. "Sure, babe. If it makes you happy," I smiled slightly, eyeing her lips before she shot me a grin. She looked over me and threw Ryan another smile, waving her hand at him as I sat properly now, observing Ryan's response. He gave her a brief smile before answering with a 'Hey.'

"Justin, who's that?" She nudged me slightly as she eyed Blake.

"Hey, I can hear you, you know," Blake chuckled quietly as he turned around on his seat, eyes instantly falling on Beth. Beth stiffened under my arm just as Blake's smirk slowly vanished. "I. . . Beth?" He questioned incredulously; his eyes running down her body as though he was scanning her or some sort. 

I wanted to take a sizzling hot frying pan to slam it across his fucking face. Couldn't he keep his fucking eyes to himself? I pulled Beth closer into my body, and it wasn't long before she totally collapsed against me, causing Blake's eyes to slowly move up from her figure, into my eyes. And one thing I know for sure, his face spelt out the word jealousy.