Chpt. 2 "Awaken"

All James could see was shadows surrounding him. His body felt paralyzed. "Awaken young one." He heard a voice. It wasn't a normal voice it was like many voices that echoed all at the same time.
"Who's there?" James said with a shaky voice.
The voice then boomed, "awaken before they come and find you!"
James sat straight up. Dessert covered everything he could see. He stood up and puked on the ground. "Where the fuck am I?" He asked himself. "You're in the demon world." A voice came from behind him. There was three men standing in long cloaks. He couldn't see their faces.
"Who are you?" James asked.
"We are the council. We will take you to your father." They all said in unison.
"My father passed away before I was born."
"That was what you were told to keep you safe from Ryan."
"Who is Ryan?"
"Answers will come in time. Come with us."
James decided not to ask anymore questions and followed them.
They walked for what seemed like forever but eventually a large castle came into view that was surrounded by buildings made of sandstone with no windows. They entered the castle. A red carpet led to a throne with a man sitting in it. The men all bowed and turned to the side allowing the man to look at James.
"My son." The man stood up. James looked at him. The man had long blonde hair and black markings all over his body along with many scars. His eyes were red and fangs just like the man that took Ben earlier.
"You look pale son. Is something wrong?" He asked James.
"I gotta be dreaming. All this demon world shit. My brother was taken by some lunatic that tried to kill me with lightening. Now you're saying you're  my father. What the he'll is going on?" James explain.
"Come sit next to me and I'll explain." The man waved his hand and another throne appeared next to him.
"My lord only you are allowed to sit in a throne in this land." One of the cloaked men said.
"If I say my son can sit here he can. Now leave us." The men left the room with a bow. James sat in the throne next to the man.
"So start explaining. I'm so confused right now."
"Okay. To start off I am lord Ryze of this land. I am also your father. Your mother was a human. She passed away giving birth to you, a half demon child. You have a brother who is a pure demon, Ryan. I believe your little brother made a deal with him. It's the only way the gate to the human world is opened without my power." Ryze explained.
James just nodded. The words he was hearing were unbelievable. "Yeah I think I'm insane. I'm probably in a crazy house having illusions or something."
"It's a lot to take in but you might want it to be fast so you can save your brother. Now that he knows you're here I'll have to send you to the outskirts of the city to stay so he doesn't find you here."
"But your a 'lord' can't you stop him with whatever powers you have?" James asked standing up.
"Ryan is much more powerful than I. He has his own followers who are amongst the rarest of demons they are the seven deadly sins. No one has ever killed one before."
"Wait." James sighed, "do I have a power?"
Ryze laughed, "yes but it is up to you to use it."
"And how do I do that?"
"You have to figure it out yourself you most likely won't have my power."
"What is your power."
"I am the fastest demon that ever lived, my bones are flexible like a naga and I was trained by the elite guard to fight."
"What what's a naga?"
"It's a half snake half demon. They have different ways of expressing their power. Some have scaled skin, some turn into snakes and some have a snakes body with human torsos."
"So if I see one run like hell I got it." James said running his hand through his hair.
"They are rare so you probably won't see one often."
"Well that's good I guess." James paused thinking about Bens body hanging over Ryan's shoulder. "Take me to this place I'll be staying so I can get ready to find my brother."
Ryze nodded in agreement and a swirl of colors started surrounding them both. They appeared in an old building far from the city. James again threw up on the floor. "I hate when that happens."
Ryze laughed, "you'll get used to it. This is where you'll be staying try avoiding going into town unless it's for food. Here is some trading coins you can use for food." He set a huge bag of coins on the table. "If you do go into town avoid eye contact. Wear a hood or something. Don't let them see your face."
"Who is them?"
"Some of the city demons are scouts for Ryan. He has servants everywhere so be careful."
James nodded and with that Ryze disappeared leaving James alone in this building.
James sat down at the table and laid his head on his arms falling asleep.