Chapter 4 - Damn Those Board Meetings (SAMPLE)

© Carey Decevito, 2012

All rights reserved

Chapter 4 - Damn Those Board Meetings

Lacey awoke with the faint memory of the previous night’s ventures in her office.  Her skin still tingled at the mere thought and hope of experiencing Darren’s touch again.  She knew that she couldn’t let him walk away—not without another taste. 

She turned to look at her alarm clock and saw that it was six on the nose.

She huffed and pushed her bed sheets to the side and stretched her legs out before setting her bare feet on the cool teak floor.

The last thing she felt like doing was dealing with a bunch of bureaucratic bullshit all day with that board meeting but duty did call.

The positive thing about her day was the fact that board meeting days ended with her heading home early for once.  She hoped that their meeting wouldn’t be any different than all the others. 

Alright, so there are two reasons today: leaving early and Darren, she concluded but also wondered if it would be a day filled with awkwardness between the two of them or if everything would be better than normal.

She got out of the shower and spread her freesia scented lotion over her body.  She couldn’t help but think of Darren as she did so.  She moaned.  Everywhere she touched, she her body heated as she imagined his hands performing the task.

She had a steaming yearning for him and if he fanned the building flames within her body just right, there’d be no knowing as to what she’d be capable of doing to him. 

She headed to her dresser where she pulled out a matching set of light pink lace mini briefs and bra and then proceeded to dress herself in her everyday fashion—black skirt, pink silk camisole and the matching dress jacket.

Yes, she used to enjoy wearing a power-suit.  Not so much now that the vanity had worn off.  It wasn’t that she didn’t enjoy the wonderful designer clothes she owned, it was more of the fact that like with any other person, she appreciated being able to leave the house in nothing but jeans and a plain t-shirt.  Simplicity was what she craved.

Finished with her makeup, she headed for the kitchen and realized that she’d forgotten to program her percolator when she’d gotten home the night before. 

Thank God for Starbucks. 

She grabbed her purse and slipped into her black Manolo Blahnik’s and headed out the door after fluffing up her hair.  It wasn’t typical of her to keep her hair down for work but that day, she felt like it would be great to let loose for some reason.  She blamed Darren and his fresh effects on her body for that one.  If she judged by the way he had wrapped his hands into her hair the previous night, she was sure he’d appreciate the loose locks and their curled tips and perhaps, she might be graced with him gipping her tresses again before the day’s end.

He ran late and had rushed to get to work.  Darren walked into the mezzanine and found her standing there waiting for the elevator looking sexier than her usual.

He noticed that she had left her hair down that morning instead of having it twisted up and pinned or in that tight bun she seemed so fond of wearing.  Her current appearance was uncharacteristic of her.  She had always been sexy but in that hot school teacher or librarian kind of way. 

Did I effect this change in her?

She was carrying a Starbucks to-go cup.  “What happened to your coffee?”  He nodded his head toward it.