xxii

Future

Westchester,2023

Westchester,
2023.

Logan wakes up in a normal bed, to the sound of music. He opens his eyes to look at the time. He turns and sees a projection which says 'Golden Oldies' and marks 8:55 AM. He gets up and walks over to the door, to find Charles's mansion full of kids walking around the halls, learning in their classes. He watches how Beast walks down the hall, in direction to his class. He smiles sighing. He walks down the stairs and finds Storm with some kids, helping and guiding them.

"Storm..." Logan murmurs with a small smile as he watches her leading the kids. He continues walking down the stairs, seeing the last kids rushing to their classes. He looks at the Professor's study, to find a red-haired woman leaning against the door frame. He frowns as he walks slowly over to her "Jean..."

"Hey, Logan" She smiles at him nicely. He walks over her speechless "Are you okay?" She asks frowning.

"You are here" He replies.

"Where else would I be?" She asks with a smirk. Logan is about to caress her cheek but is stopped by a hand.

"Wow, easy pal" Scott says with a smile on his face, grabbing his wrist.

"Some things never change" He comments looking at Scott. He puts his hand on his shoulder "Good to see you, Scott" He looks at his hand weirded out. He nods confused as he leaves the room. Logan looks at the Professor, finding him reading a book.

"Professor" He murmurs looking at him. Jean frowns at him worried.

"Is everything alright, Logan?" She asks narrowing her eyes. He looks at her but something is missing. Eleanor. In that exact moment, Eleanor starts walking in direction of the room.

"Jean, Logan" She greets with a smile as she enters the room when they let her in. The Professor looks at her with a smile and she shows him a book "I don't want to say 'I told you', but I told you" She says placing the book in his desk. He shakes his head with a smile.

"What would I do without you?" He asks taking the book. Logan looks at them and nods at Jean.

"Yeah, I think it is" Jean smiles at him and nods before leaving the room. Logan turns to look at the Professor and Eleanor frowning. Eleanor is showing him something from a book "You did it" He says looking at them. They look at him and Charles leaves the book on his desk.

"Did what?" He asks confused "Logan, don't you have a class to teach?"

"A class to teach?" Logan replies even more confused.

"History" Eleanor reminds him narrowing her eyes.

"History?" Logan asks raising his eyebrow "Actually, I could use some help with that"

"Help with what?" Charles asks as he moves his wheelchair to his position. Logan narrows his eyes and looks at the ground.

"Pretty much everything after 1973" Logan says turning to look at them "I think the history I know is a little different" He comments with a smile. Charles looks at him perplexed while Eleanor's eyes light up.

"Welcome back" He whispers with a small smile.

"It's good to see you, Charles" He says looking at the Professor "It's even good to see you" He says to Eleanor, who looks like she did in 1973. It is weird seeing than half of the couple aged, although Charles looks much younger than he should "It's good to see everyone"

"Well, I had a promise to keep" Charles replies with a nice smile "You and I have a lot of catching up to do"

"Yeah" Logan adds with a smile. Eleanor walks over to him too with a nice smile.

"I still owe you a drink" She comments "Don't think I forgot" Logan lets out a small and soft laugh.

"Tell us, what's the last think you remember?" He asks interested in telling him everything that happened. Logan looks out of the window and sighs.

"Drowning" He says remembering how it felt to drown. Eleanor looks at Charles and he invites Logan to sit down.

"This is going to take us some time" She comments with a smile as she closes the door with her telekinetic powers.

A/N
So, today I'm posting 2 chapters because I just realized "Control", which is the first book, already hit 10k reads! I'm really proud of this story and I'm really glad you guys are liking it so much because I love it. So, thank you everyone who reads this book, because you really motivate me to create stories.
Thank you very much.
All the love.