xi

Paris

27th January,1973

27th January,
1973.
Paris.

Eleanor wakes up to Charles's face telling her to wake up. He caresses her cheek softly. She opens her eyes and groans, looking out of the window.

"Come on, we are here, love" He murmurs caressing her cheek. She sits up and Charles helps her to stand up.

"It's still dark?" She asks confused "I probably look like shit, I should get my makeup" She murmurs looking at Charles. He shakes his head and wraps his arms around her waist.

"You look gorgeous"

"I'm in drugs. I look horrible" She replies grimacing. He kisses her forehead and let's her go to the toilet. Logan stares at her taking his stuff.

"You're right, you look gross" He comments jokingly. She laughs and gives him her middle finger. She enters the toilet and takes her backpack, looking at the cocaine that fell on the floor. She takes her makeup kit and covers her face with makeup, looking like a normal woman. She leaves the toilet and gets out of the plane following Logan.

"Charles, did you take my suitcase?" She asks before looking at him and seeing him with it. She smiles and nods "Okay..." Charles puts the suitcase on the back of a car and Erik helps him. Eleanor gives them her backpack and sits in the back seat of the car. Charles and Erik join her, with her sitting between them. She looks down and sighs. Charles puts his arm around her shoulders and pulls her closer to him. Between Charles and Erik, she loved them both in different ways. Erik is like the brother she never had, that's why she considers him that while Charles, is her soulmate.

"Eleanor, I was thinking that after this all ends" He murmurs "We could go travel a little bit. You can show me the places you've visited and we can also go to Spain" She looks at him happily and nods.

"That sounds absolutely amazing" She responds with a smile "We have to go to Egypt too, I always wanted to go, see the pyramids"

"I'll take you to Egypt too" He says with a smile kissing the woman. She is starting to feel alright, which is what matters. As for Charles, he needed her all the way. They both felt miserable before but, they are the drugs for each other. She pulls away.

"You've been traveling?" Erik asks raising an eyebrow. She nods slowly, feeling weird at the normal conversation but she speaks normally at the end.

"Yes, I have" She smiles "Joel took me to a lot of places. On our honeymoon, he took me to Rio" She informs with a smile "And one weekend we went to Mexico, just to do a surfing course. You should go and see the beaches in Thailand, oh my god..." Charles and Erik look at her with a small smile and she looks at them "What?" She asks laughing.

"Nothing, is just that you seem happy again" Charles murmurs with a nice smile. She looks down and shrugs.

"I'm back at the things that made me feel good"

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Eleanor drops her backpack on the small hotel room and sighs. Charles enters the room behind her and leaves her suitcase next to the small bed.

"Alright, I will be in the room next door if you need anything" He tells the woman with a slight smile. She is the only thing in the world that could make him smile right now. He is still not okay, but she is able to change his mood in an incredibly quick way. She narrows his eyes.

"I thought you were staying with me" She murmurs honestly. He turns to look at her and walks over to her.

"I will if you want me to" He adds looking at the girl "I just thought you would like to be alone, think about your things"

"Charles, I've been lonely for the last years, I think I had enough time to think things through" She replies sitting on the bed. Charles sits by her side and takes her hand.

"Eleanor, I need you to forgive me for what I did. It is my fault we are both this way. I know this is not the Charles you love but-"

"Charles, I will love you no matter what" She interrupts him, intertwining her fingers with his and caressing his cheek "You will always be my Charles, just as I will be your Eleanor. I think I already proved to you that I can't live happily without you" He smiles sadly and starts kissing the girl, pulling away just to say one thing.

"What did I do to deserve you?" Charles asks before she lays down on the bed with her hand on Charles neck now. She stops kissing him and looks at the door.

"I think you should close it" She tells him pointing at the door. He looks at it and rolls his eyes scoffing. He stands up and walks in its direction with his walk starting to be more decisive instead of passive. He closes the door and looks at Eleanor with a smirk on his face.

"Better?" He asks. She nods grinning as he lies on top of her, maintaining the balance with his forearms on the bed. She kisses him pulling his face closer to her with her hand on his cheek. He already knows her body, he knows what she hates and what she likes; he knows how to make her enjoy. She uses one of his arms and wraps it around her waist, under her t-shirt, starting to kiss her neck gently. She laughs softly, feeling the tickles around her neck. He kisses her collarbone, as he unbuttons her bra under the t-shirt. They both start to leave the edge of the bed and get more into the bed. Eleanor lays her head on the pillow as Charles places a passionate kiss on her lips. She starts to unbuckle his pants and they smile between kisses. It may not be a five-star hotel with all the luxuries they want, it is a crappy hotel in Paris where they can be whoever they want and right now they want to be for each other.

Charles gets his pants off with Eleanor's help. They repeat the same process with hers and Charles stops kissing her and stares at her as she throws away her t-shirt and bra.

"You're stunning" He comments with a smile on his lips. She takes off his shirt and throws it away too, putting her arms around his neck. She starts to kiss him again and they lay down on the bed again, feeling like one again. Charles feels alive with Eleanor. Their lips move passionately and pant breathlessly. Charles pulls her closer to him, and she slowly bites Charles's ear before breathing.

"Charles" She whispers softly and slowly. He closes his eyes and nods "I fucking missed you" Charles, containing himself until this moment, let's out all the pain, and the loneliness. He lays down Eleanor on the bed and starts kissing her neck ending by taking her underwear. And just after that, she grabs the sheets and holds on to them, knowing that with Charles, heaven is something they can both reach.