T: 1

Lyric Bailee Zhiloh

I didn't ask to be here

I didn't ask to be here. I didn't ask to be raped at such a young age. I didn't ask to have to go under depression at such a young age. I didn't ask to not have any male figure in my life. I didn't even ask to be placed on this earth. I didn't ask to be a cold hearted savage girl, they made me this way.

I looked in the rectangular-shaped mirror of my bathroom as tears streamed down my caramel face. This was the only place that I could let my emotions out without being judged. The tears spilled out quickly, immediately hitting the corners of my mouth. I had been holding these emotions in for days.

Today was Thursday, and Tuesday I found out my boyfriend of 2 years had been cheating on me. I was honestly so done with being loyal to boys. I was just a new born savage. After being raped at a young age, I didn't want to use that as an excuse as to why I wouldn't trust boys. I decided that not all boys were out to get me, but comes to find out they were. So now I was just a chick out to get them. I didn't want to be this way, but they made me this way.

I wiped the salty tears from my eyes and splashed the lukewarm faucet water onto my face. I sighed, cherishing my last angel moments. I knew that what I was becoming wasn't a good thing, but it was the only way I wouldn't get hurt and the only thing that would make me feel better.

I just shook my head, before grabbing my clothes and under garments, so that I could get dressed for school. I knew that everyone was talking about me, since I hadn't attended school yesterday. But I needed a day to get myself together, because if I had attended school yesterday, I may have made a few rash decisions because of my fresh emotions.

Realizing that I needed to be at school in about an hour, I searched my closet for an outfit today. I didn't feel like going all out and impressing the whole school, so I picked out a simple, yet cute outfit. I grabbed my phone and texted my mother to let her know that I was leaving for school, so that she wouldn't be worried about me.

Good morning mommy ❤️ I'm leaving for school!

Madre ❤️: good morning & okay baby. Have a good day and don't get in any trouble! Ignore Ryan and any other of your thousand haters baby!!!

Lol, thanks mommy. I promise I won't ...

I chuckled at my mom. I told my mom everything, so of course she knew that Ryan had cheated on me. She was my best friend. My mom had me at 16 years old, and I was forever grateful for her. Through all the hardships and times, she still made it despite having to do everything alone, and I honestly wanted to be like her one day.

Next, I texted my best friend, Loren, to make sure that she was at our meeting spot.

You ready?