Chapter nine Yule Ball and confessions of the heart

Astoria's P.O.V

Today was the big day, the one all of us were looking forward to the Yule Ball, for some reason every female in Hogwarts funneled into my room to get ready. My eyes fell on Violet who was wearing a gorgeous long black lace gown with a sweetheart neckline she had her long brown hair piled on top of her head in a bun and there was a black rose pin on the side of it. In keeping with her sporty nature she had chosen to wear black converse instead of heels . Neveah was in a long teal blue gown that was cut quit low but it was still classy and it poofed out at the bottom she was wearing elegant teal heels and had a bear charm necklace on that Blaise had given to her earlier this morning she had her hair in a simple yet elegant braid with a green ribbon to hold it all together. Joesy was in a high top long sleeved gown that started out a bright crimson at the top and faded to softer shades of orange and yellow, her nails were a bright orange color and reflected the light gorgeously, she was taller than usual because of the heels she was wearing, they were black and contrasted the dress elegantly. Her usually wild blond hair was styled in a waterfall braid that completed the look of innocent princess. Hermione was dressed in a pink rose colored gown that looked to be silk and the sleeves were made of thin mesh material. Her ears were adorned with little flower earrings and her hair was in a elegant twist with a long strand hanging down over her shoulder.

My dress was a sleeveless silver gown that almost dusted the floor, it had a sweet heart neck line and slits up the side of the skirt, it was made of silk and lace and had a emerald sash that went with it. My nails were painted a brilliant green with little silver snake overlays on them. I was wearing my snitch as always and a beautiful silver dragon chocker that had a black band made to look like ribbon holding it on. I was wearing four inch open toe silver heels that had green ribbon holding them on. I was also wearing dragon earrings and a silver snake charm bracelet. I had my hair styled in a style much like Hermione's. It was about an hour before the ball started so I opened the conversation and said, "So who do you think is going to win best couple?"

Joesy spoke first and said in her usual hyper tone, "I bet it will be Seamus and I, we are the short couple and therefore most adorable." I sighed and said, "This is the best couple award, not the lets see how much stuff my boyfriend and I can blow up together award. If it was you would win hands down." She frowned and said, "Hey we don't blow that much up" There was a resounding cough around the room. Neveah spoke up next and said, "It will be Blaise and I that take the crown, we are raw sexual power. We also eat more chocolate frogs than anyone else here. Ha ha ha!" We all sat in stunned silence for a few moments before I said, "So who wants to give their opinion next?" Violet blushed and said, "It doesn't matter to me who wins but if you want my honest opinion, its either going to be Hermione and Viktor or Draco and Astoria." Hermione immediately interjected and said, "I agree its most likely going to be Draco and Astoria they are beautiful together, so sweet and soft yet fiery and passionate at the same time. I would be happy to lose to them." A blush stained my face as I looked at the clock on the wall, we were either headed for a night of bliss or touter depending on how well we danced, I also had bigger plans for tonight. I can't run from my feelings any more I would rather have my heart crushed than continue to play this game with Draco. It hurts both of us more than it helps and I have finally realized if he dosen't love me for who I am than he is not worthy of my undivided devotion. We walked out of the room and too the grand staircase that would led us to where our gentlemen were waiting. We all linked arms and began our walk down the staircase.

The boys reactions were priceless, Blaise immediately dashed up the stairs and grabbed Neveah and after picking her up bridal style dashed into the ballroom without so much as a hello. The girls soon parted with me to go into the hall with their dates and left me standing in front of Draco who was clearly out of it. He looked dashing this evening in his dress robes. I waved my hand in front of his face and he finally said, "Sorry love. Do you want to go in or wait for a bit and get something to eat first." This was it the moment that I had been waiting for and dreading for two years. There were to many prying eyes and ears here though so I said, "Hey love I have something I need to tell you but I can't tell you here." I took his hand and began leading him to the astronomy tower, that was the first thing we ever talked about the stars. We arrived at the staircase to go up and that proved a challenge for me, it was easy to go down but up was a completely different story. The problem was remedied when Draco picked me bridal style and began to carry me up the staircase. He did it with such ease I must have weighed nothing or it might have been due to the fact he worked out everyday. I'm going with the first one makes me feel better.

He set me down gently when we got to the top and I walked over to the metal railing, the air was cold tonight but the sky was brilliant the stars were shining brightly against the inky blackness of the sky. There was no more avoiding it so I began in a shaken tone and said, "Draco there is something I have to tell you. My lineage is not as spotless as I claim it to be. I'm a..." Tears began to flow from my eyes not that he can see them since I was facing away from him, it was now or never. I gathered my last bit of courage and said, "I'm actually muggle born" I turned but kept my eyes closed I couldn't bear to see the disgusted look he most likely had on his face. I was waiting for the vicious insults to start or for him to just up and leave. One minute passed and nothing two minutes and still nothing. Tears began to trickle once again, Merlin's beard this was more painful than if he were to start calling me names. Then just when I had lost all hope a warm hand under my chin tilted my head up slightly and I heard Draco say in the gentlest tone I had ever heard him use, "Please love, don't cry tears should not stain you're beautiful face. You can open your eyes now, there is nothing to fear, not from me, never from me." He wiped his thumb gently across my cheeks to remove the tears. I opened my eyes into pools of molten silver blue that were filled with nothing but love and adoration for me. I opened my mouth but he put his finger on my lips and began to speak in a soft tone and said, "Love before you say anything let me talk. You are the most incredible woman I have ever meet, you're gentle enough to take care of the smallest of creatures yet strong enough to destroy mountains. You're warm enough to help those in need yet cold enough to put those who deserve it in their place. You're smart enough to outthink brilliant witches and wizards twice your age yet naive enough to believe everyone had a little good in them. You are my best friend and I hope you would grace me with the privilege of being your lover for I am unworthy of a being as perfect as you. You're blood is the same color as mine at the end of the day. I love you never doubt that one fact no matter what is going on or how bad the situation looks. So will you keep me as your best friend and take me as your lover."

He removed his finger from my lips and tears began to fall once again but these were tears of happiness. I finally managed to gather myself and say, "Yes love, yes to everything!" He picked me up and spun me around and around and when he finally placed me back on the ground he took my cheeks in his hands and leaned in. I closed my eyes when his warm soft lips collided with mine. Nothing else mattered right now, heck the world could be on fire and I wouldn't care. He didn't dare move his hands any lower than my waist which spoke volumes about his character. We parted for air and I said, "Is that all the Slytherin prince has because if it is I'm going to get bored quickly" This seemed to spark something in him since he picked me by my thighs and pinned me to the wall, his kisses were still gentle but they were getting deeper and more urgent, I felt the straps of my dress begin to slip but I could care less, all that mattered was Draco and I.

Just as it was getting really heated a cough caught my attention and to my horror there stood Professor Dumbledore, Merlin's bra my life was over. He cleared his throat and said, "You have nothing to fear, I was young once too but you should really get back to the ball your friends are worried about you." Draco put me down and we walked out, I wonder what everyone else is doing?"