Chapter one Violet and Astoria

Astoria's P.O.V

Warm spring air was blowing through the twisting streets of Diagon Alley and all of the shops were bustling with life and new students picking up their first cauldron, wand and robes. Which brings me to my current situation my shirts no longer fit correctly they clung too tightly to my chest and I was already self conscious enough about my figure. I walked into madam Malkins, robes for all occasions and began to browse around while my mind wandered to Draco and Blaise. Who knows what those two fools were up to but it was no doubt more exciting than what I was being forced to endure. I was also shopping for an outfit to wear to the Quidditch World Cup. It was going to be a glorious match between Bulgaria and Ireland and I couldn't wait to see it. After buy about fourteen outfits I made my way out of the store and down the street as I just took in the beautiful sight of Diagon Alley, I wonder what it would be like to take my children through here and shop for their school supplies. A gentle sigh escaped at the thought then all of a sudden the sound of shouting assailed my ears and it sounded like the pug and her two idiots. I better go check it out they could be picking on a new student.

I raced down the street and the sight awaiting surprised me they had ganged up on Violet Kingsley and were threatening her, I knew she was really good but three on one isn't even fair. I pulled my wand and dashed to her side and said, "You three have some nerve ganging up on a person, you have to be the biggest cowards I have ever seen." Parkinson snorted and said, "You just jealous that Draco is in love with me not you and you seem to always want to help the weak and helpless you are the most pathetic Slytherin I have ever meet." Violet coughed beside me and said, "Parkinson you really shouldn't talk about how stupid you are in public. I mean I know its difficult since every time you open your mouth something dumb comes out. Maybe being silent would work better for you." She puffed up and responded with the comeback of the century, "Oh yeah well Draco loves me more than you" I sighed and said, "Parkinson let me give you some advice Draco wants a girl with a I.Q above 30 you don't fit the bill. Your very presence reviles him and makes him uncomfortable. If you really loved him you would understand that he's not interested in you and would support which ever girl he chose."

She growled and pulled her wand while Crabbe and Goyle drew their wands as well but they happened to be backwards and they hexed themselves it was quiet embarrassing really and now Parkinson was all alone and looked to be losing nerve quickly of course who could blame her she was smart enough too know she couldn't take both of us. She put her wand away and said, "Next time you won't be so lucky" She walked off and just left the double dumb laying in the street it was quiet satisfying.

Violet put her beautiful embroidered wand up and said in a warm tone, "Thanks. Your Astoria right the one I saved from the Terrible Twins?" I nodded my head and said, "Its good to see you again. I'm sorry about them by the way they give Slytherin's a really bad name." Violet let out a warm chuckle and said, "No offense but Slytherin's already have a pretty bad reputation" I simply sighed and said, "I know so what have you been up too?" She smiled and said, "Just shopping for new school supplies and I just got a killer broom, my old one was destroyed last year. Speaking of quidditch your boyfriend and Blaise are vicious on the field." A blush stained my cheeks as I said, "He's not my boyfriend" She raised an eyebrow and said,"Oh, but you two seem so close." A small sad sigh escaped me as I said, "Its complicated we are investigating the benefits of being in a relationship but we are going to wait for a bit first." Violet smiled and said,"That was a very Slytherin answer I was also hoping to ask your advice on something" I smiled and said, "Ask away" She cleared her throat and said, "Its about George he has made some interesting comments as of late that indicate his interest in me has shifted from friendship to romantic pursuit. I love George and care about him deeply but if a relationship ends badly it could destroy that bond of friendship forever and I need help in learning how to control my emotions."

I blinked a couple of times and said, "Alright but if you really love him you should go for it, because more often than not your heart is right." She smiled shyly and said, "I'm pretty much in the same boat you are, I do love him but I want to wait a bit before I make any decisions." I nodded and said, "My first rule is never be caught alone with him. It will make it easier for him to get his way because you won't have anybody to support you. The second rule is no matter how much he flirts ignore it and put up a wall. Sometimes it might seem unbearable to do but try anyway" Third rule is learn how to control your blush. If you give indication of reciprocated interest it will make them try all the harder to win you over. Fourth rule is don't be mean. Never use the excuse I'm in love with someone else because that will hurt them deeply especially someone as sensitive as George. The fifth and finale rule don't fight against your heart if its something you really want embrace and accept his love when your ready." Violet smiled and said, "That was amazing advice oh I have to go see you Hogwarts later this year." She then dashed off down the street and left me to my own thoughts.