Chapter Fifteen

CALEB

"Skins versus shirts, boys!" Coach Hamilton slaps my back. "Hemsworth, Hunting, Walsh, Riley, Burr..." He looks around at us rattling off name after name. "You guys are skins. Everyone else...shirts." Coach claps his hands telling everyone to break. The skins walk to the other side of the field...I hear my name being called.

"What now?" I turn around to see Bruce, a linebacker, running towards me.

"Let's switch teams. You must be tired of taking your shirt off all the time—with all that modeling." he jokes.

"No."

"Aww come on, man. I can't be on the opposite team of León. You remember what happened last time. I don't want to go through that again." He shakes his head probably trying to rid those images in his head.

"I'm not trading teams with you. Ask someone else, but I'm pretty sure the answer will be no from everyone," I tell him, pulling my shirt over my head, tossing it to the side.

Leon and Bruce have some unfinished business. No one in their right mind is going to step between those two. Bruce did the unforgivable, and Leon makes him pay for it every chance he gets. Bruce runs over to Tyrell and begins his speech. I chuckle, shaking my head.

"Ross, get your ass back over here!" Coach yells. "Now, or the whole team does suicides until I say stop." The entire team yells for Bruce to get his ass back over to his side.

"Hey, Leon!" I walk over to him. "I can't tell you to do anything, but Bruce is shitting bricks over there." I pat him on the shoulder.

"He should be. I lost everything be—"

"Hey, big man, let's just leave it alone. I don't want you to kill him." I walk away from him, not wanting him to get fired up again before the game, else Bruce would definitely be on a stretcher to the hospital.

"I won't. Football season is approaching!" he shouts.

"Alright, you pussies get a move on!" Coach yells.

"Ready boys!" Nathan yells from behind us. "Let's try out the new play. Ocean blitz." He claps his hands.

Someone is bound to get hurt with this play. Thirty minutes into the game and Bruce is already out injured; Leon made sure that his tackle left him in pain. The game gets intense from there on out. Shirts look like they are out for blood...our blood. Granted we are all on the same team, but we are a very competitive team and don't hold back on anything.

Of course, we still won by a landslide.

Coach calls us in for a huddle, and I nearly trip over my own feet when I see Selena standing along the sidelines. What the hell is she doing here? Fuck she looks good too.

Nathan looks over at me. "Is that the Ice Queen?" She shouldn't be here. She isn't supposed to be here. "I believe it is." He raises his eyebrows at me.

"Holy fuck! Those yoga pants lo—"

"Shut the fuck up!" I growl at Tyrell walking faster towards her. She is standing next to one of the other coaches laughing. Is she outright flirting with someone in front of me?

"Selena." When she sees me, she takes a step away from Coach Alex and towards me.

Good.

"Caleb...you looked great out there." Her eyes stay on my bare chest five seconds too long. I clear my throat to get her attention, and her cheeks flush. "Umm...yeah...Alex—he was just keeping me company until—how are you?" she rambles.