Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Once Ahsoka had sensed that Anakin and Obi-Wan had left the landing platform, she raced out to check on Padme. Horrified, she knelt next to Padme and felt her forehead. Through the Force, Ahsoka recognized that Padme was still breathing and her heart was beating. She could also tell that her unborn children were all right—for the moment.

A mechanical beeping and whistling sound drew Ahsoka's attention. Artoo-Detoo rolled up next to her. She could almost hear his concern.

"Mistress Padme!" See-Threepio exclaimed, hobbling down the ramp as fast as he could. "Oh, dear. Is she all right?"

Ahsoka lifted Padme with the Force. "She's okay for now." With the two droids following her, Ahsoka brought Padme on board the ship and laid her down on the medical cot. She hooked Padme up to a few machines and instructed Threepio to watch her carefully.

"As soon as Obi-Wan and I get back, we'll head for a med-center."

"Please hurry, Master Tano."

"I will, Threepio."

Ahsoka ignited her lightsabers and ran towards the Mustafar control center. She saw evidence of Anakin and Obi-Wan's fight inside, seeing consoles slashed by lightsabers. Sparks rained around the room. She followed the path of destruction, eventually emerging outside the control center. She saw Obi-Wan and Anakin battling on a lava collection arm. The arm had detached from the main plant and was slowly flowing downriver.

Ahsoka took a running start and leapt onto the collection arm, simultaneously deactivating her yellow lightsaber. It had turned vertical, so they were climbing higher up the arm as they fought. Obi-Wan was above Anakin, who was above Ahsoka.

Obi-Wan grabbed onto a cable hanging from the arm and swung around, slashing at Anakin as he passed him. Anakin did the same. On the next pass, Ahsoka grabbed her own cable and slashed upwards at Anakin's feet. He sensed the attack and Ahsoka's lightsaber only cut the cable beneath Anakin.

The collection arm had reached the end of the river, and began falling down the large lavafall. Obi-Wan leapt from his cable to a collection platform, floating safely above the lava. Anakin attempted to do the same, but Ahsoka attacked him again.

This time Anakin retaliated. His lightsaber cut through Ahsoka's cable, and suddenly she was falling.

"Ahsoka!" Obi-Wan shouted, but he was too far away to do anything. She could barely see him anyway. Ahsoka sensed Anakin's reaction to her demise. There wasn't one.

Ahsoka flew past the collection arm, falling down the lavafall.

Falling, falling, and then nothing. 

Read, comment, vote!

music+literature