Chapter 2: Fear....or Trust

I had just woken up from a dream where I was making my teacher, Mr. What's-his-face, mad by writing Loser on the bored in chalk with an arrow that points to the teacher. Although, I wasn't moving an inch. It was my mind. I knew it was a dream so I just rolled with it until I woke up to find out that everything in my room was floating!! My bed, my lamp, my dog Paws, and most importantly, me!! There was what appeared to be tiny stars surrounding me. I was scared but amazed. Was I doing this? How? Why? None of that I could answer until I got a flash back. It was the man! "Little child, you are fourteen. You are to be in a horrid accident for better or worse. You decide which path to take and who to tell." I remembered and noticed my palms where glowing faintly in a shade of cyan. My mirror floated in front of me. I grabbed it. My hair was now purple instead of its natural Auburn shade and my eyes where a vivid shade of cyan as well. My skin was now olive, opposed to my pale self in which got a sunburn everytime I went outside, sunscreen or not. This was not me. I was no longer Alyson Juelz, I was now a stranger. I hopped off my bed, now floating myself. I started moving towards the door, not willingly, going as fast as the flash. Once I arrived at the door I grabbed onto the doorknob, one of the only things not floating. I closed my eyes and imagined the day before. A normal morning. Just then, I hear a crash. I turn around to realize everything in my room fell back down to the ground. Strangely, it was put back picture perfect. I'm on the ground and everything seems to have been perfectly normal. I run to the bathroom at a slow pace to be able to not flash. Then I walk in and splash my face with cold water. I look in the mirror. My hair is Auburn once again but my eyes are now green instead of blue. I just then notice my eyes changing. From green to teal to a very light blue to the ocean blue eyes I was born with. I go into the living room. I see my mom reading. "Hey mom, is it okay if I go for a walk?" I ask curiously, hoping to clear my head. "Of course sweet pea. Just be careful, there are strange people that will tell you strange things" she says with a smile, telling me she is joking. "Alright I'm off now" I say as I head out. I'm out the door so I decided to walk until I was alone. Then I would run to test my "powers" and make sure it was just I dream. Lost in thought I was brought back to reality from the strange man I saw. I didn't focus on his features before. He had a dark grey beard with a straight back and his clothes were neat and tidy although he grabbed my collar like I had driven him off the edge. He asked me "Did you feel it? Did it happen"? I was curious so I asked "Who are you? How did you tell my future? Why do you know what happened? Why me?!?" I was scared and it showed. My hands were clenched together and I was sweating. I was on the brink of tears when he spoke. "Don't not cry child. This city needs you. You know the rules of being a superhero right? Although I found a loophole. Tell your family, just family. You can protect them better if they know." He looked at me with a serious face in serious eyes. I realized he was actually pretty normal. He just talked strange. He gave me his number so he could help me train and I could talk to him if I start having problems with my powers. I then sprinted home, testing my speed. Not a dream. I went at the speed of light. I got a pop at the market and made it float but as usual, I need training. The can fell on the ground and I had a headache. After I ran I collapsed on the grass and played it off to strangers by saying I was looking at the stars. The trouble will be tommorow. I fear of my family being scared of me and getting to close to my powers. But if I lie, they won't trust me. I can't keep this secret and to be honest, trust would disappear.