•Chapter• |44|

Start from the beginning

I'll call her when I get through these messages.

Jacob? - Naomi❤

Are you okay? - Naomi❤

Good God Jacob I've called you so many times already you're worrying me - Naomi❤

Answer - Naomi❤

I somewhat felt bad that I haven't contacted her especially because she's one person I know for sure would stick with me throughout everything.

I read the rest of my messages from my mom, Denise and Chresanto. I texted all of them back and told them I was fine and then I called my mom.

The phone rang a couple of times until she answered.

"Hello?" She said in her thick Mexican accent.

"Hey Ma."

"Jacob? Oh baby are you okay?" She worried

"Yes ma I'm fine. I turned my phone off yesterday because I wanted some time to myself for a while. I'm sorry I worried you."

"Dios Mio Jacob you almost gave me a heart attack." I lightly chuckled at my mother's over protectiveness

"Sorry ma. But you wanted to talk to me about something?"

"Oh yeah. Well you see ever since your father passed away and you've always told me to find someone else because I was so lonely? Well, last I met this man named Dominic and things are getting serious and I think he wants me to move with him."

I instantly felt even more bad because I haven't contacted my mother in so long that I'm oblivious to her love life.

"Oh mama I'm sorry I haven't spoken to you in so long." I choked

"Oh mijo it's okay. Just as long as you have time talk to your mama once in a while." I nodded and wiped my tears.

"I will. But you said he wants you to move with him?"

"Yes because he doesn't live here he lives in New Orleans."

"New Orleans? But Mama I don't wanna drive so much hours to come see you."

"Well I actually really like him baby. And I really do want to move with him to start a new life. I don't want to stay in this house. Every morning I wake up I just remember your father's face." She sounded like she was sad. I sighed.

"Alright ma. I'll try to visit you. When are you moving?"

"In about a month or two." She answered.

"Alright well I'll come over one day and help you get packed."

"Thank you baby. Now what's going on between you and August?" I sighed.

"Well I accidentally cheated on him under intoxication with Chresanto and now he's denying his child." My mother kissed her teeth

"I never liked him. Chresanto is so much better for you." I scoffed.

"He cheated on me to."