12. Revenge

We returned to school together, Cole's friends were shocked. I'd forgotten that he'd been with me all week and none of them talking much with him. To say his friends were shocked, they all seemed to be happy that Cole was himself again. They all liked me as well. All but Tanner was happy about it.

"Hey, bro. How was break?" Tanner said, coming up to us and doing their guy hand shake. Tanner gave me a dirty look and I rolled my eyes.

"It was, very complicated. A lot of shit went down." He said, squeezing me hand.

Tanner looked straight at me like I was to blame. In a way he was correct, but he better watch himself. I wasn't putting up with Tanner more than I had to. I'd only be civil because Cole asked me to and I love him. I hated Tanner.

While they continued talking, I walked away to my locker. I'd thought about how I was going to get my revenge on Mr. Joseph. I decided killing him was a little farfetched and I didn't need that on my conscious. But I would get my revenge.

Cole met up with me after class and we walked out to the truck together. He had something on his mind that was bothering him, I could tell. When we got in, he grabbed my hand. I turned towards him, waiting for him to say something. But, when he didn't I spoke first.

"Babe, what's wrong?" 

He looked out the window, then back at me. "Tanner really doesn't trust you. He thinks that since you lied about the fights, there's got to be more that you're lying about. I asked him what there was you could be lying about and he says you're lying about your past with him."

I was utterly confused. Tanner is a stupid mother fucker and I was pissed off. How dare he say something like that to Cole. "Are you serious. I hate him so much. I tried to be civil with him for you, but now he's trying to start more shit. As if we haven't been through enough."

"What past is he talking about? He told me to ask you." Cole asked. He dropped my hand to turn the wheel into his drive way.

"Me and Tanner don't have a past. The only past we have is when I was a big girl and he picked on me all the time. Wonder where the nicknames loner, fatty, loser, big ass, tubby, I wonder where those come from. Tanner was horrible to me before I left. I despise him." I said, reminiscing on the past.

Cole was parked and looked at me. I could tell he felt bad, but I didn't need sympathy or pity. It didn't bother me none now. I'm not Chloe Reynolds, the over weight girl anymore. I'm strong, I'm proud of myself, I know my worth.

"I'm sorry, Chloe Reynolds. I'm sorry that he put you through that. I never though Tanner was like that. But I guess he does have a history of being a dick. I love you so much and don't think I'll ever stop." He said, leaning over and kissing me softly.

The next few days went by fast. Tanner and I got into it everyday and Cole always had to pull me away. Tanner tried saying we had a thing, but he and I both knew that was a lie. I never looked twice at him. He wasn't cute and he was mean. Cole believed me, which he should because Tanner lies.

It was Friday night and I had plans that didn't involve Cole. I told him I had things I needed to take care of and that he should hang out with the boys. He did need to, it'd been a while since he had. I on the other hand, had a visit with Joseph.

"Hey, are you sure about this? We can go out tonight, go to dinner, whatever you want." Cole said, pulling me in his arms. As good as it sounded and as much as I wanted to stay with him, this was important to me.

"That sounds so nice, but this is important. I love you, but go have fun with your boys. But not too much fun." I winked, kissing him swiftly.

He laughed, kissing me again. "I love you too, Chloe Reynolds. I'll see you later."