8. Beauty is Back

I pushed Dylan away from me. He stumbled back, but he wasn't affected. He tried to grab my hand but I smacked it away. I turned around and went towards the door. The last thing I needed was Cole coming to look for me and find something that would most likely end Dylan's life.

"Wait, Chloe. I'm sorry. I mean, I'm not sorry I did that. But I'm sorry for acting the way I did." Dylan stopped me. I turned around to look at him. He was saddened by it all.

"You kissed me. Do you have any idea what Cole would do if he saw you do that?" I said softly. I didn't want to speak to loudly and draw attention to the room. Dylan shrugged.

"I don't care, really. Kissing you is worth a punch to the face. I won't do it again though. I'm just pissed that after what he's done he still won you. He got you." He paced the room.

I walked over to him and hugged him. I don't know why I was going soft, but I felt like he needed it. He didn't hesitate to pull me closer to him. I almost had to pry myself away from him, but when I was free I sighed.

"Dylan, you're so sweet. But Cole does have my heart. I'm sorry, but we're just friends. Nobody likes hearing that, but that's how it is." I said. I turned and went to the door. When I looked back, he smiled.

I walked out of the room and saw Cole standing by the door. I rolled my eyes and walked past him. He probably heard everything is most likely pissed about Dylan. Cole grabbed me from behind and pulled me against him. He put his face in the crook of my neck and kissed me lightly. I closed my eyes and tried not to moan.

"Stop before you start something we can't finish." I breathed. Cole licked up my neck and mumbled something into it.

My phone started to ring and I pulled it out. I furrowed my eyebrows at the caller, but I answered anyways. "Hello?"

"Long time no talk, Beauty. How are you, Chloe?" Tony said into my ear. I smiled brightly at the voice of my old street manager.

"Hey, Tony. I've been doing great. How's streets?" I said, a small part of my aching to be back out there. Cole glared at me. I turned and walked towards my room, ignoring him.

"Actually they're not. Once you and Cole got out, nobody really comes anymore. I mean, some show up to watch Tank. I actually called about that."

"What's up?" I sat down on my bean bag chair. Cole shut my door behind him and sat across from me.

"You're big blow up really inspired some people. Females in particular. Street fighting is being reinvented." 

I looked up at Cole, processing the words. "As in?"

"The streets are now introducing female fights. Not only can males fight but now females as well. Of course it will be females against females only and males against males only. But it's made a big impact and the people are demanding it. We have tons of women signing up." He explained, my ears perking up. 

"Are you serious? That's great!" I smiled brightly. I could get back on the streets. I could fight again.

"Yes I am. And with that being said, I was hoping you'd come back and be my fighter again. People are also demanding to have beauty back on the streets. Some are hoping that you and Cole both come back but as a couple who fight together. I don't know about the second part but I would love to have you back." Tony had me from the beginning. Of course I'd come back.

"Oh my, fuck yes. This is the best news I've heard. Text me with details. About that couple fighting, I'll let you know. Thanks Tony, you rock." I hung up and jumped in Cole's arms. "BEAUTY IS BACK!"

Cole put me down and turned away. I touched his shoulder, making him look at me. He was battling either anger, confusion, or he was upset. "No."

"But you know how bad I miss it. I'll only be fighting women. No men. And they want you back too. They want us to couple fight and be like a dynamic duo. How fucking great does that sound? Baby, we could kick fucking ass together. We'll be unstoppable. Then we can come home and celebrate." I ran my hands up his chest and pulled his lips to mine.