Prologue

Gabrielle's POV

My ears are filled with the sound of my alarm clock on my night stand going off. I open my eyes and sit up in my bed, reaching for my alarm to shut it off.

8:30am

I get out of bed and put my slippers on, making my way towards the bathroom. I get out my toothbrush and toothpaste, and start brushing my teeth.

I turn on my shower and get out a towel, followed by me undressing.

I step into the shower and feel the hot water but my body, waking me up.
................
After my shower, I return to my room, and get ready for my day.

Once I was in my clean clothes, and my hair and makeup was done, I head downstairs for breakfast, where I was greeted by my smiling mother, and my little brother, Ryan.

"Good morning Gabrielle," my mother says, setting my plate of scrambled eggs and bacon on the breakfast bar.

I take the seat next to Ryan.

"Morning mom, morning Ryan," I greet, messing with Ryan's hair.

I look down at my plate of food. Ew. I push it away from me. I don't like eating. The thought of food disgusts me. Right after I eat, I always get sick and disgusted with myself, so I try and throw it all up.

"Hi Gabi! Can we play with the trucks today? I promise I'll give you the good truck today! Please play with me!" Ryan shouts, followed by him taking a mouth full of bacon.

"I would love to Ryan," I say, laughing.

"Well, Gabi you can't." My mom says from the kitchen.

"What do you mean, mom?" I question, getting up and moving towards her.

"Honey, you're going to therapy today. There is this great therapy group right here in town and I thought it would be good. You can talk about your problems, get help, and even make new friends. Come on, it's a great idea," she explains. "I'm starting to get concerned with you. You're not eating. You need help, Gabi. I've tried everything, but I feel like this will work." She walks over to me, and gives me a smile. "Just trust me on this." She then walks away, going towards her room. "We leave in 20!" I roll my eyes.

"Hey Gabi?" Ryan questions.

"Yeah Ry?"

"Why don't you eat?" He says, picking up one of his toys, and makes his way to the carpet.

I stop. I can't tell him the truth. I'm supposed to be the confident, older sister. I'm supposed to be a role model to him.

"It's nothing too serious, Ryan. It's okay. Come on, we have 20 minutes before I have to leave. Let's play!" I say, sitting on the ground, grabbing one of his toy trucks.

...........................

We pull up to the place, and my mother and I get out of the car. It was a big, beautiful building for businesses and conference meetings. I figured that we would be in a more private place considering we are telling total strangers our problems, but I guess this will do.

My mom comes up to me and gives me a hug. "Alright Gabrielle, good luck and don't be afraid! It will be okay and you'll get better!" She then pulls away from me.

"But what if it doesn't mom? What if my anorexia gets worse? What about then? Everything will be a waste!" I snap back at her.

"Gabrielle, just trust me on this. I have a good feeling. I love you!" With that, she gets in her car, and leaves. I then see Ryan in the back seat, waving goodbye.

I make my way into the building, and walk to the front desk where I am greeted by a very sweet lady. I ask her where the therapy group is, and she then tells me where to go. I give her a warm smile, and start for the therapy room.

The only thing holding me back right now was a random guy on the phone, bumping into me, pushing me forward

As I try to regain my balance, I start speaking to the guy, "Hey watch where you're walk-" and then I turn around and stop. My eyes came in contact with a pair of beautiful brown eyes.

They looked too familiar, I thought to myself, studying their face.

And then it hit me.

It was Calum freaking Hood.

---------------------------------------------

and that's the prologue! for some reason the story keeps deleting parts so i had to re-do the second half of the story. anyways hope you guys all like the beginning!

~anna :)