I Heard Scratching

I was watching TV when I heard scratching at the back door. I assumed it was my dog named Snow, because she usually liked to get out the house at night and bother the neighbors, so I opened the door to let her in. She immediately shot in the house, which was usual, but I shrugged it off and sat back down to finish my show. It was after commercials came on that I noticed a small lump on the couch next to me, hesitantly I poked it and it turned out to be Snow. I forgot that she was sleeping while I was watching TV, so if my dog was next to me the entire time, then what did I let inside? I looked around the room for clues and began to notice how dark it was and how my roommate still wasn't back from work. 

"Stop it." I whispered to myself. Panicking wasn't going to help anything, I just needed to calm down. I stood up to get a glass of water, when I felt teeth brush against my leg. My dog started barking and I slowly looked down only to see. What... I didn't know what I was looking at. It looked like a dog turned inside out, but why did it have so many teeth? I tried to make a move for the door, but it walked over and blocked my way. With every step it took, it left a trail of blood and the sickly sweet smell of decay. I held my breath and prevented myself from gagging by some miracle. I didn't know whether it felt any pain or not, but it continued to stare at me with dark empty sockets where it's eyes should have been. 

Walking ever so slowly as to not upset the creature, I sat back on the couch and pulled my legs onto the cushion with me. The monster didn't move though, it just stood there watching me, motionless and quiet. It occurred to me then, sitting in horrified silence, that my dog had stopped barking. I turned to her and saw that she too was motionless, it was as if she was frozen in place.  Suddenly the power cut off, leaving me in complete darkness and I felt something cold and wet touch my leg.

Author's Note

I posted this one first because it's the one my family has been talking about the most. Hope you liked... n stuff. I'm too freaking tired to be enthusiastic. But the end of the story is up to your imagination, so what did you think happened?