Letting go

(Y/N)'s Pov~

Blinking my weary eyes I took notice of the fact I was no longer on the chilly ground. My body, bundled in a warm blanket, was now in a very familiar surroundings. Batting my eyelashes to clean my unfocused sight, the sliding paper door was pushed to the side, making the slightest noise, yet I was able to register it. Spinning my head automatically to the origin of that noise, I was met with my dear younger sister, Yukiji.

"I see Your consciousness has returned to You, sister. How are You feeling? Due to the terrible state of Your body health, You had to undergo a few medical treatments while You were unaware, but do not fear for Your life is in safety from dead."

She spoke firmly, as a kind caring smile found its way on Her face. Just like the first time. No matter how many times I left to the battle with Yokai, I always somehow managed to face the danger and vanquish it. And whenever I came back home, to this village, to these people, to Yukiji... No matter how long I have been gone, nor how much She suffered from fear over my well being, She always greeted me with that smile. That smile, it was one of the uppermost important reasons for me to always return, no matter the struggle or consequences. I just wanted that smile to never disappear...

"I missed You..."

My voice came out shivering from the lack of energy left in this God forsaken human body, that was getting weaker and weaker each day, week, and month. From the battles, from the pressure, from all the negative emotions, like fear or anger. Therefore, I had to keep living. It was my duty, because If I, (Y/N) would vanish, who shall protect my two little sisters? Yes, you heard right, two. All three of Us were adopted by father when we were of a young age. Myself and Yukiji have lived in the same village as kids. Before the households of that particular village turned to dust and the grass was painted red, the two of Us were close friend. That day, when our lives changed drastically, We were by the pond near our village. It was pure luck that We were spared as the only survivors. Ann, is the name of the youngest sister. Her family abandoned her, when they did not possess enough money to take care of Her. All three of Us are finally able to be happy together, after going thru many unpleasant moments. While Yukiji was tenderly tending to my injuries, I felt my mind slowly drifting away from reality.

"Sleep. It's the best You can do in this condition. I shall wake You up for dinner later."

My sister gently pushed a strand of my hair behind my ear, before my body was finally able to relax, letting go once again.